[Release] Cinematic Cam

Small Update:
Added Config Option for enabling/disabling the attaching of the camera to the player.
If enabled, lets you decide in the menu with a checkbox, if you want to use it or not.

Idea came from @Syntasu

Update:

• Now uses Mouse Movement Input for rotating the camera! (roll is still on Q/E)
  • WASD actually moves you in the cameras pointing direction! (up/down movement is still only bound to Ctrl/Shift)

Just update it by dropping the new files into your existing folder!

I love this camera, its amazing and works perfectly for me, my only suggestion would be to make it so we can move the free camera with the UI disabled, I would love to make some sort of cinematic video with this but all the hud on screen makes it hard, good job on this though!

I will probably work on it a little more in the future.
I just moved to another place and will be without Internet for around 4-6 weeks… so it might take some time until I get back to this script :slight_smile:

But thanks for all the love guys :smiley:

1 Like

Major Update:

• Script renamed to Cinematic Cam
  • Lots of internal math changes for smoother movement (especially moving in curves)
  • Controller Support
  • More Hotkeys for Speed / Field of View
  • Camera can now move completely free
  • Camera can be attached to ANY NPC/Player/Vehicle in front of the Camera

Let me know, if you find any bugs / errors!

the script does not work I emptied the cash the nativeui is up to date

Can you see the script being started on the server? What about the client? Got any error messages?
I already know a few people using it without a problem.

Small Update:

• LT/RT (Xbox) or L2/R2 (PS) for up/down (more precision with the triggers)
  • Field of View: Hold A (Xbox) or X (PS) + LT/RT (Xbox) or L2/R2 (PS)
  • new “free fly” mode (toggleable) to be able to fly upwards/downwards by pitching the cam while moving forwards / backwards

I sadly cannot read the whole error in your screenshot, but from what I can tell, you do not have the proper NativeUI Version

_menuPool:Remove()

That function does not exist in the older version of NativeUI. This one contains it and should 100% work: https://github.com/FrazzIe/NativeUILua

I currently do not have the time to check for compatibility with e.g. this: https://github.com/iTexZoz/NativeUILua_Reloaded
But there will probably be some issues.

If that doesn’t work, try clearing the server cache (that worked for a few folks, that had problems after the NativeUI update). And if that doesn’t work, also clear the client cache.

1 Like

I’ve been using this script since the wip, but now when i went to re-install again the script i cant make it to work

I get a RAGE Error: Unknown crash when I try to load into my server with it started.

If I stop it, I load in fine.

If it is automatically started by the server, or I manually start it via Console, it crashes my game.

Cleared all caches and updated NativeUILua

2 Likes

I’ll try it in my server, see if I get the same error.

It works fine in my server. What server kind to you use? ESX, vRP, FX?

FX Server

Sorry for the extremely late reply (apparently this thread wasn’t set to “Watching” anymore)

According to your screenshot, you are using NativeUILuaReloaded (which is probably not working with the camera). Use the original NativeUILua linked in the description.

I sadly do not have the time to rework the script right now, maybe in the upcoming weeks. I already got a few of my personal scripts working with Reloaded, but this is not one of them.

This is sadly an error I have never encountered before.

Maybe try this: Update your FXServer Files to the newest version (or a newer version) and try again.

Are you the only one crashing or do other players crash as well? If you are the only crashing player then there might be something wrong with your FiveM Client. Try a reinstall.

Sorry, but it is sadly an “Unknown” Crash and that kind of doesn’t help in troubleshooting either D:

i got this working and its smooth and nice but for some reason i cant attach the camera to a car nor a ped any solution ?

It is definitely working for me.

The menu entry for attaching to an entity has a Minus-Symbol next to it, as long as you don’t point at an entity.

If the middle of the camera points at an entity, this minus will change into either the car name or entity hash (a number). At this point you can attach the camera.

There is a slight delay (500ms) with this feature because I didn’t want to cast a ray every frame. (can take a lot of performance)

You can change this delay in the client.lua at line 112. The lower the number, the better the script reacts to entities changing in front of the camera. But keep in mind, that this will probably be a negative impact on performance.

Some values at 60fps:
1000 -> every ~60 frames -> better performance, worse reaction time
500 -> every ~30 frames -> default
100 -> every ~6 frames -> worse performance, better reaction time
1 -> every single frame -> worse performance, best reaction time

The camera intensity filter, is ther a native for that to actually use it like there is for timecyclemodifier?

id like to change the intensity on some effects just cant find out how

thanks for the reply ill try to use it again and edit the delay and let you know if it worked.