[Release] Chat Roles [UPDATED 5/30/18] [Tutorial Released]

Today i will be releasing a working version of CHAT ROLES. I am releasing this as working version. I also released it to make it easier for people to use!

NEW VERSION V1.1 rolesFX.rar (1.4 KB)

OUT OF DATE — rolesFX.rar (1.0 KB)

Chat Roles Tutorial [Updated]

Update V1.1
  • Added Version Checker
  • Added “PRINT” to console to make sure script loads.
Updates V1
  • Removed CFX Download
  • Added myself into the credits which is a config that shows my name as the creator ingame. YOU ARE NOT TO REMOVE IT UNLESS YOU HAVE PERMISSION.
31 Likes

Great job, Only one I could get to work. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much! I really am thankful i can help!

1 Like

do you have to set each persons steam id or does it go by admin permissions?

4 Likes

You have to get there guid via icecon by doing status and it should say steam:idhere then you input it in the lua file

1 Like

@Painwithin You can use Steam Ids, or Ip’s… As jayjay said, Use the icecon tool to check for those numbers

1 Like

hey since ive installed this, it wont let me join the server unless someone joins before me.

1 Like

I’ve added this on my server but even though I’m the admin, I still type as a Civilian.
I’ve tried with steam id and with the ip and I have the same result. I’m thinking maybe it’s because I’m using a MYSQL database?

1 Like

My community doesnt use mysql and it works

1 Like

Hi ! Can you help me. I want to add another role, it’s possible ? What i modifiy ?

1 Like

PM Me and I can assist

2 Likes

JayJayAuto, look Pm. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jay is that you its Pyro

1 Like

Yes it me jay Gatsby

1 Like

Upon my return to my home in Maryland I will try to find time to make a Tutorial on how to add more ranks!

1 Like

i add this to my server and chat dont even work.

1 Like

It’s a server script, it does not replace anything. Check to make sure there are no conflicting scripts and don’t forget to add the folder name to the citmp.xml or what ever the confit file name is, I Forgot the config name as I haven’t configured in a while

1 Like

Does this work for FX servers??

2 Likes

Untested, but if your willing to test it and let me know the results. That would be so great and I’ll credit you.

1 Like

How do I make 2 people admin?
Screenshots Below
Is it like this?

Is it like this?

So another words is there a comma than a space than the Steam ID or just the comma and a steam ID?

1 Like