[Release] Chat Roles [UPDATED 5/30/18] [Tutorial Released]

then add your steam id

1 Like

Thanks will try ! Ip lagged ?

I donā€™t know. I didnā€™t try. But it works succesfully with steam64id.

1 Like

how do you get steam id? Or can i just use ip?

You get the steam ID By going into RCON typing status (you have to be in the server) and use that steam id in there

@JayJayAuto getting this error

Error running system event handling function for resource rolesFX:

citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:39: Failed to execute thread: sv_chat.lua:29: attempt to call a nil value (global 'has_value')
stack traceback:
        sv_chat.lua:29: in upvalue 'handler'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:124: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:123>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:39: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:123: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:92>

Upload your SV_CHAT Iā€™m not home at the moment but I can use that to see whatā€™s happening!

sv_chat.lua (2.9 KB)
there you go

I know exactly what is wrong but i had a TOS put in place and you removed itā€¦ I clearly stated TO LEAVE MY STEAM ID IN THEREā€¦

Its also clear you didnt follow the video tutorial, Im not trying to be mean but when you cant follow a simple tutorial I dont know what else to say to youā€¦

my bad didnt even pay attention D
figured you added it there for example

Please put my steamid back in or I will not helpā€¦

If you read the very top you wouldve seen it

just put it back in
local ScriptCreator = {ā€œsteam:110000108ce69e8ā€,ā€œip:ā€,}

I was looking at your code and noticed you did this css local PoliceDepartment = {"steam:11000010d4d9852:","ip:",} The proper way to add a steam id is steam:11000010d4d9852 The one you put had a : which could break it.

Also it could not be working if your not logged into steam if it shows Civ in your name if that ever happens

i cant believe i missed that lol Thank you:D ill see if that fixed it

Ok! Make sure to let me know!

nope still doing it
sv_chat.lua (2.9 KB)
Error running system event handling function for resource rolesFX: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:39: Failed to execute thread: sv_chat.lua:29: attempt to call a nil value (global ā€˜has_valueā€™)
stack traceback:
sv_chat.lua:29: in upvalue ā€˜handlerā€™
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:124: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:123
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ā€˜errorā€™
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:39: in field ā€˜CreateThreadNowā€™
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:123: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:92

Ok give me a bit to look at it, Currently helping someoneā€¦