[Release] Chat Roles [UPDATED 5/30/18] [Tutorial Released]

Again you didnt follow the tutorial elseif has_value(HighwayPatrol, player) then TriggerClientEvent('chatMessage', -1, "PoliceDepartment | " .. Name, { 0, 0, 255 }, Msg)

You have to change HighwayPatrol to PoliceDepartment You edited the local HighwayPatrol to local PoliceDepartment when you do that you need to edit the elseif has_value(HighwayPatrol, from HighwayPatrol to PoliceDepartment

durp my bad:smiley: thanks again will let you know

Please let me know ASAP

@JayJayAuto Nope for some reason still wont work nothing at all shows in

chatError running system event handling function for resource rolesFX: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:39: Failed to execute thread: sv_chat.lua:29: attempt to call a nil value (global ‘has_value’)
stack traceback:
sv_chat.lua:29: in upvalue ‘handler’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:124: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:123
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:39: in field ‘CreateThreadNow’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:123: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:92

Try a original copy and see if that works

yep worked i am civ in game and director works aswell now idk what was wrong with that file weird

1 Like

Wierd… That’s just really wierd

My chats are showing up double now. The roles are working great but another text time without the roles shows up as well !

Untitled|211x119

Conflicting scripts… check your scripts

Suggestions are needed, Im feeling like updating this too mysql possibly once i figure out my school stuff rn

I put in my steamID doesn’t work, done my IP doesn’t work, I’m stuck as civ… How do I get it working?

Send an image of how youve done it, or put it in code format. theres no way to know why it didnt work if you dont show what youve done

1 Like

My fault, I’ve got it working. I had the the letters in my ID in Capitals lol :slight_smile: Solved.

Whats the color codes? Please tell me <3

Use a HEX COLOR WHEEL!

Trying to make this MySQL!

if theirs a person with no role it should say civ on there of there name but they cant type in chat so they have to do /me. can you help me with this?
Discord :https://discord.gg/64YCeQq
Thanks tombobble

You have a conflicting script, Please check and find what script because its a known issue for a script to conflict with my script preventing you from chatting till you disable said conflicting script.

I have know idea what it wold be here are my scripts https://gyazo.com/e4f552f931fb56bc18db2f0b21fbb3bf
The rest are just cars
Text is /text btw and thats not it i dont think

Remove all but requried scripts and try it