[Release] Chat Roles [UPDATED 5/30/18] [Tutorial Released]

hey so i ran into a little problem, not sure if its your script or another script interfering any suggestions?

Is there a way to change the color of the roles?

@JayJayAuto can you help me stop it from duplicating?

PNG

I have your hide cmd script but it still wont work? is there anything else i can do?

This script (chat roles) has a hide commands feature for memory…

i was going to do something similiar and i got the double message issue, next i saw your and has the double message issue.
The problem is that client write his own message in chat and server broadcast his one to chat too, so you’ll have double message. I don’t know how to solve, isn’t about “script conflict”, you did something in script that now you forget.

yes there is…

Where you would see this section on the sv_chat
TriggerClientEvent(‘chatMessage’, -1, "Sheriff’s Department | " … Name, { 0, 0, 255 }, Msg)

You would take this bit
{ 0, 0, 255 }, <==== This is your RGB code for colours this is the colour blue.

if you wish to change the colour you would just select the colour you want and then use the RGB code in replacement ill post a example below
{ 104, 255, 190 }, This is Like a very lime green colour as you can see from the picture below
i will state make sure you have the code writen properly otherwise you will possibly cause a slight error after each number put a , and a space then add the next number etc

use this link to get any colour RGB
https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html

Hope this helps.
regards
Youngunz

1 Like

Hi, i am curious where i would upload your files as it doesnt specify where to put them etc normally you would either place in resource or essential or even esx folders but your doesnt specify so my question is does it even matter aslong as i put start chatroles in the config?

How do i make it so that more than one person can have the same role
I tried doing that and it removed the other persons role and gave the new person the role

My messages are duplicating

looks great !

How can I add many color like this

I added to this script to prevent users from using colors in chat unless they’re a donator rank or staff. Only staff can use the color red too. Would you mind if I posted mine as a release, but gave you credit for the chat roles part and linked back to you originally?

Best Regards,
Badger

P.S: Great script!

2 Likes

did you find a fix?

did you find a fix??

yes it was faxes hide cmd script

Do you have any type of hide cmd script?

If you have a Hide Command script it interferes with the one built in with the rolesFX.

I got a double text
https://gyazo.com/fbe31497b2b036b2810b4822c5177c9b

for anyone who’s encountering double messages in the chat, verify that u dont have another chat resource, that’s the reason why is double message