[Release] Chat Roles [UPDATED 5/30/18] [Tutorial Released]

Can you please explain to me why there is a char limit?
Just wanted to know why.
Thank you.

Goto #technical-support and ask.

I cant get it to work can any help me

Hmm, are you using a custom chat? Did you fuck the config up?

no im not using a custom chat

My script works completely fine, If it wasnā€™t then more people would complain. Are you using vRP? Something you have is causing a conflict between my script and your script folder.

no im not using vrp idk why its not working

So if i try starting the Plugin it shows me this

Error parsing script sv_chat.lua in resource rolesFX: sv_chat.lua:98: ')' expected near 's'
Failed to load script sv_chat.lua.
1 Like

Change line 98 from

print('Jay's Role's FX has loaded in to the server! Type in chat to test it out!')

to

print('Jays Roles FX has loaded in to the server! Type in chat to test it out!')

Fixing now thanks so much

MANY THANKS HAS BEEN FIXED Sunday, June 3, 2018 7:06 PM:rp::mascot::rp::mascot::mascot::mascot::mascot::rp::rp::rp:

No worries, happy to help.

You could always change it to speech marks to allow punctuation like this

print("Jay's Roles FX has loaded in to the server! Type in chat to test it out!")

Can I disable it from giving everyone the civilian tag

Yesā€¦ Thereā€™s somethingā€™s in here about it. I believe someone else asked about it. Just scroll around

Cant find it (char limit)

Go to sv_chat.lua. Remove the ā€œelseā€ function.

What line I see ā€œelseā€ multiple places

Is this still working ? Im having troubles having it startup the roles. ive watched the tutorial already and still having problems. Could ya help? thanks!

whenever i type in chat it shows up like this : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/454695726006665217/459699321655525376/unknown.png
anyone want to help me fix?

You have conflicting scripts