[Release] [C#] Emotes Keyboard

EMOTES KEYBOARD
I thought that it would be easier to be able to type the name of the emote to select it instead of choosing it via menu. By that I do not mean typing it as a command in chat (similar to /emote) but having a dedicated keyboard instead.

So here is a really simple script that allows user to bring up an onscreen keyboard by pressing “Z”. User then types the emote name or ID and presses enter. Also, emotes can be canceled on “X” and by pressing “C” the last emote will play.

Video of script in action:

Rar download: LINK
Source: LINK
List of all the emote names: LINK

You can mess with the source code and tune it so that it suits your server - you may need to change buttons (Z, X, C) or change/add some emote names/IDs.

P.S. This is my first time trying to script something for GTA so if there are any obvious mistakes, point them out in the comments as I may be doing something terribly wrong :slight_smile:

UPDATE LOG:
v1.02 [22.08.17] - Simple update that should optimize the script.
v1.03 [22.08.17] - Fixed bug causing keyboard not to bring up after pressing Z

4 Likes

Any screenshots?

1 Like

Edited the post and included simple video demonstration as screenshots wouldn’t show too much.

looking good i do like the option of the button to quickly start/stop the animation great job :slight_smile:

1 Like

what are all the emotes included? Or does it just pull from your emotes.lua?

There is a link in the post that lists all the emotes included, the first column is the name used in script (the one you type in game) and the second one is the official string name of the emote.

I saw it shortly after i posted sorry about that. dont think it will work on vrp anyways :frowning:

this isnt working, can someone tell how to install it and what all I need?

To install it you need to place the folder that you unzipped in /Resources folder in your SERVER and then activate the resource in server setup file.

This could help you get it done.

I haven’t really been active in FiveM stuff in a while, so I am not sure if everything works like it used to.

That’s what I did but nothing happens, is there anything else that’s not stock I need to run this?

I’ll look into it today to see whether it still works properly.

Hi when i use the addon it works fine but when i miss spel a emote and pres Z after it it doesn’t pop up anymore any idea/fix?

What is the name of emote to give middle finger???

I can not change the hotkeys.

doesn’t even have a __resource.lua