[Release] BlockVPN [v1.0.4] [FIXED]

Purpose

• Block players from joining if they are on a VPN or proxy.

About

• This resource uses GetIPIntel which is a free service that calls their API with the IP address and returns the likelihood of it being a VPN or proxy. The recommended threshold to block is 0.99 and above; any lower and you may get false positives.

Permissions

blockVPN.bypass - Allows the rank/person to bypass being blocked.
add_ace group.admin blockVPN.bypass allow

Download

• v1.0.0 can be found here.
  • v1.0.1 can be found here.
  • v1.0.2 can be found here
  • v1.0.3 can be found here
  • v1.0.4 can be found here
  • The resource GitHub can be found here.

Notes

• If you’re testing this on a local server it will use your loopback address even if you’re using a VPN meaning it will allow you in. This took me longer than I want to admit to figure out why it wasn’t working…
  • The service claims to have a 15 query limit per minute. They do limit ~ 15 - 25 but only for about 4 seconds.
  • If the service stops working try changing the contact email to something else. Make sure it is valid.
39 Likes

Nice, it can be useful, good job.

1 Like

Pretty cool release! :smile:

2 Likes

nice job! it’s nice to have a method like this

1 Like

neat looks smexy……

1 Like

Nice job, very useful

Why would you block for ppl on VPN or Proxy? Cant see any idea in this script?
Sorry

Most of these modders use a vpn. this is one good reason.

Great release thanks

this may explain why I see players that I banned on my server but that makes no sense sinceit ban license as well.

New steam accounts etc, they activate the vpn or change vpn servers so they get a new ip and then jump back on your server…

They can do all sorts of things to get around it, one thing they cant do though is bypass a vpn/proxy check. I mean yeh they can use there home ip, but then if you ban it they wont be getting back on your server unless they use a vpn/new accounts. This will help the situation out.

Thats true, can see if you have problem with lot of modders doing that :s
And it is also a nicely made script i must say, big credits to the creator. :+1:

Maybe not the best idea for me as a vpn user. But i yeah… I can understand. Sad you kinda have to choose what connection people can use and not. But yeah, sad times i guess :slight_smile:

– Maybe possible to make something that just checks what contry the ip is from, if you have a server only for people from your contry?

I’m actually going to be working on a version to whitelist and blacklist countries from joining.

1 Like

Maybe a whitelist for specific steam ID’s. As one comment said, they use a vpn, so they can’t use this. Maybe if his steam ID is allowed, it will ignore the block for him or anyone else that is set. This way he can put a little more security on his server as well as not block himself.

I’ll see if I can make it happen. I’ll most likely use permissions that way it would be done from the server.cfg

This is stupid. A lot of fivem players actually use a VPN because their own home country doesn’t allow fivem. Also if people you ban are able to connect back just by using a VPN, then you probably shouldn’t even have a server.

Ur stupid, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh @IceHax lol

Oh and btw, license bans exist fyi and aren’t bypass able by almost everyone.

Version 1.0.1 Released

• Added permission to allow people to bypass being checked.
1 Like

Can we take the drama out of this topic please.

I can understand how you may not like it but others are clearly interested. There is no need to claim people shouldn’t be running a server if banned people are able to join back. Everyone who starts their own server doesn’t know everything instantly. It takes people time to build up to a decent amount of understanding on how it works. Without people starting their own servers, FiveM wouldn’t be as popular as it is today. Also IIRC only ~ 3 counties block FiveM; if the server owner doesn’t want people joining with VPNs then they don’t have to. Take a look at all the FiveM trolls that stream, they get around bans within minutes (even using license banning).

2 Likes

ok, and how would others wanting this resource affect my opinion? i am pretty sure that forums topic are made to get answers/opinions? I have just expressed my feelings about the resource /shrug