[Release] Ban/blacklist by SteamID

Hi,

i think rcon is useless to ban people as it is only till the server restarts. Ban by IP is also not the best because IPs change and you can easy get a new one. You need to require steam running because it wouldnt make much sense to have this plugin else.

In citmp-server.yml change the line from

DisableAuth: true

to

DisableAuth: false

and add - steamidban to “AutoStartResources:”

Example of the blacklist/ban array in “server.lua”:

local blacklist = {
    "1100001000ee0",
    "1100001000e0e"
}

Steamids can be found if you connect to your server via a rcon tool and type “status”

HUGHE thanks to @Mr.Scammer because he was providing the original script which bans/blacklists players by IP but it was untested. He helped me alot with questions i had and i am sure he will also help you!

To view the plugin on github: CLICK HERE
To download it directly: CLICK HERE

1 Like

Why remove the first parts of the identifier? This basicly breaks with multiple identifiers.

GetPlayerIdentifiers(source)[1]

only outputs the steamid as “steam:87987234”
and i dont want to store the steamid in that format for future things i have in my mind.

shouldnt break anything tho.

If new identifiers get added this thing will break, it doesn’t make sense to not include the entire identifier.

IF new identifiers get added, shouldnt have them keys like [2], [3] etc? and not put in the same string as [1] ?

I dont know what the output of GetPlayerIdentifiers(source) is but i am sure even if i dont remove the “steam:” part and you add new identifier in the same [1] key, i need to edit my code because then i would have to search for “steam:” first.

Haha, and you think it will stop “trolls” (what BS is that anyway?) like me?

Do you know how easy it is to make a new Steam account? Useless script if you ask me.

t. knows pretty much every trick in the book for ban evasion on 5R

i dont care about you

You shouldn’t care about me, you should care about useless pieces of code. Bans in 5R will always be useless anyway.

Not unless Kaner fixes his shit. Protip: he won’t until the near future.

EDIT a year later: And they finally did, holy shit! No more ban evasion and getting over 9000 insane amounts of bans on GEC-AST :frowning:

I am getting steam rejected connection: Invalid Parameter when trying to connect to my server

are you logget into steam while trying to connect? If yes, try multiple times or just press enter.
Its a bug or error that does not come from the plugin.

are these ids added manually to the blacklist file or is there a command that adds them automatically?

@Andrew_Recore Manually added in the blacklist files

Hi, I know this is an old post, but I tried this script and I got this error:

same error on my side

Is there any way to get the steamed that is from the console instead of writing it down manually?

Seems to blacklist players but there is no notification to the player, just keeps sitting on a loading screen. Which is fine they are banned I could care less what they do lol but just would rather the message pop up so they can appeal on our site.

Can you reupload ? The link is dead

can you please reupload?

@Slluxx please fix link

Any word from author yet or anyone that has it already?