Advanced fishing [DEPRECATED]

This is an awesome script my dude! Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work for the community 10/10

One quick question…do fishing rods break or last forever? Would be good if fishing rods broke every once in a while so players have to rebuy them…

They have a random chance of breaking.

genius!

They don’t break on normal fish but they do if players try catching a turtle or a shark :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kuzkay Can you change it to a single key? The weapon keys won’t work for me. It just opens my weapon wheel and doesn’t let me catch anything. Also, boat rental in Grapeseed for Alamo Sea is pointless if you can’t even fish there! It says you aren’t far enough away from shore!

Other than that, it’s awesome!

The keys are setup to random math selection of 1-8. I’ve tried for an hour to get it to work but cant.

I’ve noticed that you can rent a boat without having to have the money on you to do so, it just takes you into a negative balance which is not ideal. Anything you can do your end to fix this? Also, and I know this is probably a big ask but any chance you can change the notifications to pNotify instead?

Nice script cant wait to test this out

I’m going to add more here if there is any problems

Maybe some improvements:

You could add a “cooking place” where the players have to pay a little amount and get cooked fish to eat.
This would be a great way to make your own food :slight_smile:
Like I said “maybe a improvement”
So If you don’t want to It’s ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

what great script thanks for your work!
sadly i dont have a use button for the items, any idea?

edit:
it works now, forgot to start the resource with the server, instead i loaded it into my testserver while its running… #stupid

1 Like

Script is free to edit and add your own stuff, making a cooking place is simple, idk if you know about scripting but you could easily clone the fish selling and instead of money add an “cooked fish” to his inventory

1 Like

yeah I know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great script really like it

2 Likes

I am very far from the city and it still says; You need to go further away from the shore.

EDIT;

OKe, here work.

I guess that is the 7700 pos right?

if pos.y >= 7700 or pos.y <= -4000 or pos.x <= -3700 or pos.x >= 4300 then

I actually am curious as well, how do I make it so you can fish closer to the shore so you’re not out so far?

2 Likes

Can I suggest a few lines of code additionally that will make the water detection more accurate and allow you to fish in far more areas?

1 Like

Of course you can suggest it.

did someone experience issues that items got removed in other player inventory?

eg:
im fishing with a friend on a boat, i catch a shark and he gets the shark in his inventory instead of me, same with breaking fishingrods --> for me its breaking according to the notification, but his gonna break inventory-wise…

anyone?

Ok so I’m using a different method other than location checking, to be precise instead of doing a coordinate comparison I’m using this:

GetWaterHeight(pos.x, pos.y, pos.z-2, pos.z-3.0)

It seems to work quite well, allows you to fish off the end of piers and where water is deeper.

3 Likes