[Release] Add-on Cars/Peds (Ems/Chp/Sheriff/RDE style cars) FInal 10.29.2017

Mhm, just took a look into the handling.meta in the addonpack resource and sure enough all vehicles have handling adjusted. I originally thought that it only contained handling for the custom cars. Seems weird that it would not pull it before the new changes to FiveM. Any recommendations on how to fix this issue? Maybe throw the default handling lines from our game into the server?

yea i was using a custom handling for all my cars to test but that was before the update , you can just disable the handling loading for that car and you should be fine take out the line for the ones its breaking due to having different cars could show different handlings or just change the meta for it and see if that will work

does this appear to cause any stability issues ? as fivem has stated using streamed peds/cars might be a main cause of crashes on otherwise stable servers

any modding can cause crashing of t he game especially if the cars are high poly etc but i don’t get crashes with these cars at least but depends on the persons PC etc if they can handle the high poly or the stress it can cause thats why replacements spawn constantly and addons are only called by player or if stated in a custom script so without actually loading them in the player doesn’t download the file like he would driving down the road and having 10-15 replacement cars trying to load but it could im not saying it won’t but a lot of errors could be caused due to a script or something else , like i spawned these cars drove in them for a while and tested them with other seem to work fine, but for someone with a LOW end PC could cause an issue maybe ? but there is other reasons your game could crash especially with these weird error codes lately i can’t tell much anymore

seems to break NPC PED cars suspensions however , causing them to be like monster trucks or cars with hydraulics … could be a specific model not sure i added a few had no issues added more and now its monster truck season out on the streets lol

haha yea its a little different i did have lots of fun watching them drive and crash into random stuff cuz of it but all you can do is just grab the stock handling from gta or a different handling mod and you can use tat and add the addon cars on the bottom or just take out the replacements part if you don’t want that but if you do stream a whole handling file with the cars then the clients connecting will not be able to use a custom drift line for those cars which is a good way to prevent them from going 300 mph haha

btw still no fix for the peds ?

nevermnd new fivem update has broken this entirely it seems lol

really ? the peds were working for me last time i updated this

i havent tested the peds since as i said with the update just now ,since starting fivem and joining the server it crashes everytime and it points directly to the addon folder as the problem

when starting server the pack no longer builds the stream so it must be broken the error is …

not sure been at work atm so won’t be able to check till later on in the night unfortunately but ill see what i can do and maybe update the pack not sure what caused it tho usually it would tell you if its a meta or what but its not really saying which file seems like the whole thing is not loading or something, and thats an older update it was working past that it mustav been something else

Well i can say it has not given me any problems at all on Windows or Linux so surely its something else causing it to happen.

so its working for you ? im still working

ya i just got back to PC and see another huge update in fivem will test and see if they fixed anything and if this works again and will report back later

I solved the handling at-least on my server. (I Simply removed all the vanilla cars from the handling.meta)

download of my handling.meta:
https://5m.envious.media/ul/5M-DEV/handling.meta

yea the second update of fivem with the dlc content apparently fixed this server loads stream file and everything seems back to normal disregard earlier post … now to see if the peds work

1 Like

I put the civ cars into one stream folder and put the data folder into it as well they are two separate data and stream and i put the resource.lue into as well but when i put the car names into my trainer they dont spawn and they crash my trainer

1 Like

peds work (one doesnt --‘S_M_Y_FBI_01’, --broken) , thanks again for the pack though good stuff in it :smiley:

its ment for a drag and drop so if u moved any of the files you need to change it in the resource.lua and make sure its reading them properly

Okay i dont know if its reading them properly how would i know that?