[Release] ActionMenu [1.0.1] (Updated April 2018)

That works perfect thank you.

Credits to @Decon :stuck_out_tongue:

is there a way to trigger a lua script so like i can toggle my engine like i would by typing /engine

using the engine script or no?

I have it here is the function https://pastebin.com/T4GTXMUE
edit: also credit to [Release] Engine ON/OFF Toggle

1 Like

Ok Scott https://discord.gg/KEj4JC thats the discord link.

Do you really have to paste the resource into the actionmenu config? Iā€™m pretty sure as long as you still start the resources like engine/hands up you can just tell the menu to TriggerEvent( ā€˜Engineā€™ ) and it will still work.

Also thank you @WolfKnight179 and everyone who worked on this menu itā€™s so nice and easy to use.

1 Like

Is this working or is it broken? I am reading 50/50 on the comments, and unsure if it is worth a try.

It works and is super easy to use, I think Iā€™ve tried to help you before you can PM me if you need help again.

You donā€™t need to put the event in the resource but in doing so, you are cutting down the Count of the total resources you are actually using. It doesnā€™t really make sense to have a resource separated from the resource that is actually using said resource unless itā€™s some type of framework or I guess personal preference. Meaning, why create a resource called handsUp or engineOnOff and then call that resource from a separate resource being this menu when you can tie it all together in One resource, when the menu resource is using all these other ā€œseparateā€ resources. By combining the resources you are making it easier to edit and debug as well as keeping the code tidy and together based on what it actually does/is doing.

If you look at the trainers people release, itā€™s all one resource, not a collection of separate resources calling each other.

However, either way works, one way or another.

1 Like

It works absolutely fine if you know how to read instructions.

1 Like

Pretty sure you dont but i just put the function in there at the bottom of cl_action under a comment for each function. I find it a little easier to work with instead of going through different files to edit it. Instead its only 2 files.

the menu wont exit after pressing exit or pressing esc i never messed with the exit part tho

here is the exit code:

cl_action.lua

elseif ( data == "exit" ) then 
		-- We toggle the ActionMenu and return here, otherwise the function 
		-- call below would be executed too, which would just open the menu again 
		ToggleActionMenu()
		return 
	end
end 

-- This will only be called if any button other than the exit button is pressed
	ToggleActionMenu()
end )

nui.html:

</div>
			<!-- Do not remove this or you will not be able to exit the menu --> 
			<button class="menuoption" data-action="exit">Exit</button>
        </div>
    </body>
</html>

nvm i fixed it but i cant get kneelhu to work code:

cl_client:

--kneel handsup

function loadAnimDict( dict )
    while ( not HasAnimDictLoaded( dict ) ) do
        RequestAnimDict( dict )
        Citizen.Wait( 5 )
    end
end

TriggerEvent( 'KneelHU' )
AddEventHandler( 'KneelHU', function()
    local player = GetPlayerPed( -1 )
    if ( DoesEntityExist( player ) and not IsEntityDead( player )) then
        loadAnimDict( "random@arrests" )
        loadAnimDict( "random@arrests@busted" )
        if ( IsEntityPlayingAnim( player, "random@arrests@busted", "idle_a", 3 ) ) then
            TaskPlayAnim( player, "random@arrests@busted", "exit", 8.0, 1.0, -1, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
            Wait (3000)
            TaskPlayAnim( player, "random@arrests", "kneeling_arrest_get_up", 8.0, 1.0, -1, 128, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
        else
            TaskPlayAnim( player, "random@arrests", "idle_2_hands_up", 8.0, 1.0, -1, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
            Wait (4000)
            TaskPlayAnim( player, "random@arrests", "kneeling_arrest_idle", 8.0, 1.0, -1, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
            Wait (500)
            TaskPlayAnim( player, "random@arrests@busted", "enter", 8.0, 1.0, -1, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
            Wait (1000)
            TaskPlayAnim( player, "random@arrests@busted", "idle_a", 8.0, 1.0, -1, 9, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
        end    
    end
end )

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    while true do
        Citizen.Wait(0)
        if IsEntityPlayingAnim(GetPlayerPed(PlayerId()), "random@arrests@busted", "idle_a", 3) then
            DisableControlAction(1, 140, true)
            DisableControlAction(1, 141, true)
            DisableControlAction(1, 142, true)
            DisableControlAction(0,21,true)
        end
    end
end)

nui.html:

<button class="menuoption" data-action="handsup_knees">Gets On Knees With Hands Up</button>
        </div>

the issue is that i press the button the menu goes away but there is no action any help is appreciated oh and also i fixed my issue with the exit problem

You have to tell the button to trigger the script.

elseif ( data == "handsup_knees" ) then 
		TriggerEvent( 'KneelHU' )

Exactly what ā€œTrundleTheGreatā€ said, since you never posted that part of the code we donā€™t know if you actually did call the event. I also tested your code, seems to work flawlessly. So it must be how you are actually calling the event.

@WolfKnight179 hey can u help me code this menu so i can turn off the engines , roll up windows, hands up, kneel , etc, please dm thank you

so iā€™ve gotten the trunk to open using the open trunk part but it wont close.

here is the code i have so far:

bottom of cl_action.lua:

--trunk
RegisterNetEvent("Trunk")
AddEventHandler("Trunk", function()
    local Veh = GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1))
    SetVehicleDoorOpen(Veh, 5, false, false)
end)

RegisterNetEvent("Trunk")
AddEventHandler("Trunk", function()
    local Veh = GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1))
    SetVehicleDoorShut(Veh, 5, false)
end)

button code:

elseif ( data == "trunkopen" ) then
   	 TriggerEvent( 'Trunk' )

Works on the menu perfectly! By any chance do you know how to make it so the car still starts whenever you spawn it so I donā€™t have to go into the menu everytime to turn it on?

I chucked in the code and what TrundleTheGreat posted and it didnā€™t work. My menu now dosenā€™t show, but when I remove everything that involves the handsup knees it works again. Any help?

1 Like

Fixed it! All good, anyone else have scripts they can share?