[Release 3.0] RGB Paint Menu & Neons

The menu works even if you are not in the car.

1 Like

That still does not tell me if I need to own the car or not?

Hitting F5 does nothing, do I need to be in or near an owned car?

Should it work on any car that I don’t own as well?

1 Like

Make sure you set the resource correctly. I repeat and tell you that the menu works even if you do not have a car. I also strongly recommend that you make sure that you do not have another resource that also works by pressing a key “F5”.

Everything is setup correctly, and no F5 is not used by anything else.

I have the alsekrgb folder in my resources folder.
I have ‘start alsekrgb’ in my server.cfg

Inside the alsekrgb folder are 3 dll’s, 1 .lua, and one folder called config with a .json inside it.

I can see in my server console that it is loading.

Also my server uses ESX would that cause any issues?

This resource does not check or do anything with ESX, if ESX is breaking it that’s yet another reason to not use ESX but like I said in DM it’s probably you just rebound “Control.SelectCharacterMichael” from F5.

Nope keybindings are fine, have not touched them.

i found a bug!!!

If you go into either the paint or the neon sub menus, and you hit enter to input a customn RGB value (From 0-255), but you leave the textbox BLANK and hit enter again, it crashes the menu, or well not crash it, but it does freeze it and requires the menu to be restarted to function again

I’m actually aware of this but I’m not sure what’s causing it.

Interesting can you make it do something like:

If user_input == NULL (blank) {
then force_user_input
}

Or something like that, have it detect if a user inputs a blank entry, and if it detects that, keep it prompted and force the user to put a number between 0-255? Idk if that makes sense

Can you check if it happens when even a value is entered? On my test server it does. (also I opened a github issue for this if you want to add any findings to that cause atm I’m unsure what it is)

Hi! I have a problem that after pressing the Enter key to edit the menu value, the menu have freezes.Is there any option to block “enter” so that players don’t use it? or can somehow be fixed for not freezing when I press enter, or change the speed rate when i and players change a value in menu using the arrows

Greetings!

I’ve added this to my resources and my cfg but nothing has worked. Still confused as to what I can do.

Just stumbled across this! If i save the vehicle with my desired colour, does it stay like that when I respawn it?