Question about donators for servers

Hello,

I am a little confused by the FiveM ToS, are we allowed to sell donator ranks to pay off the server bill (so long as it’s not pay to win or for financial gain) and If I’m not allowed to sell donator ranks am I allowed to transfer my previous donators from my previous community on a different game so long as no one else can buy them?

Thanks,
Polite

As stated you are not allowed to have any financial profit from making a FiveM server, you are only allowed to gather income that covers your servers cost not a penny more.

Yes you can offer a thank you gift as an appreciation for the donation BUT…you can’t actually open a store for this type of shit lol, remember it’s a donation not a Best Buy, also the money you get can only be used to pay for the server.

What does server cost count as, is that just the base server or can I include dev fees/backup server fees etc (people who I pay to work on my website etc & my vps I store my server backups on)

Well, for a start you shouldn’t be paying your developers secondly it’s only your actual servers cost for example if you have a zap server that cost 10$ a month you can only generate 10 dollars a month from your community donations.

Once we earn the amount needed to pay off the server bill, all donations past that do we have to stockpile up to pay for future months or d owe have to literally stop accepting donos?

I do believe you have to stop as you are technically earning a profit

Okay thank you :slight_smile: just wanted to make sure before I actually released my server that I was not breaking the ToS of anykind

Hey I completely understand and I respect that you decided to make sure you knew what you were doing before posting your server!

I think if he has a Patreon subscription to FiveM he can cover those fees also, I mean me personally I accept donations to cover everything such as the VPS and Web hosting for my site, these are donations to the community so whatever you have to run that community donations should be allowed to go towards… I myself was unsure about the donation limit (I never accepted above it) especially considering the way FiveM has its Patreon, no offense.