Proposed workflow for testing scripts / fast reconnect?

Hey there again,

is there a way to reconnect as a client, without completely reloading the whole map (takes ages for me :/).

The goal is to be able to test smaller changes quicker, letting the server update scripts and then forcing the client to either reconnect or force unloading/reloading a certain script (nui-page).

If this has been answered already, please just ignore this. I lack of sleep so it could very well be i missed the answer.

I think you talking about load and unload scripts… so get this rcon client http://forum.fivereborn.com/topic/569/script-kick-ban/32
then you need to put the ■■■■■■■ into the ressource folder and load it like any other script. Now connect via rcon to your server and use this command:

map
Usage: map [mapname]
Description: to change map of the server

gametypes
Usage: gametypes [resourcename]
Description: to change gametypes of the server

start
Usage: start [resourcename]
Description: starts the specified resource
restart
Usage: restart [resourcename]
Description: restarts the specified resource
stop
Usage: stop [resourcename]
Description: stops the specified resource
refresh
Usage: refresh
Description: refresh ressources

Thanks, i thought i read that this method does not refresh scripts for clients though. Will try it!

How do i rcon to the server? Via putty, what port etc ?:blush:

Try refresh for refreshing the ressources but I don’t know if it works. I don’t have any problems while editing and reloading the scripts via start and stop.

Download this http://www.mediafire.com/download/98bihucg2t6nbbp/■■■■■■■.rar

Put the ■■■■■■■ folder in server/ressources

edit citmp-server.yml
AutoStartRessources:
-■■■■■■■

start icecon_windows_amd64.exe
click on connect and enter your server ip with the default server port as example 127.0.0.1: 30120
in the next box enter your rconpassword (you get this also in the citmp-server.yml)

now you are able to use the commands.

thanks for your help! refreshing doesn’t work for nui pages, but stopping and starting does. Finally <3

With ■■■■■■■ you also could use restart [Resource] :slight_smile:

Thanks Yashiku, I wasn’t aware of that. Makes our life much easier.