Problems with installing plugins

Hello guys!

I am new to FiveM server-making scene, so I’m quite green when it comes to plugins.

I tried installing the FuelScriptV mod, but I can’t make it work.
Tried making a “fuelmod” folder in “Resources”. Then making a “stream” folder in the “fuelmod” one, and put FuelScriptV.lua in it. In the “fuelmod” folder I also made a “__resource.lua” file. Tried putting it in different places etc. but it still does not work. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Also wanted to install a plugin called OpenAllInteriors, but it’s an .asi file. Is there any way to install that?

And the last question, is there any way to make els cop cars work on the server? The textures work just fine, but the sirens don’t. Where would I put the VCFs (.xml files)? Cause I have the car textures in Resources\customvehicles\stream.

Thanks in advance!
Szymon

You don’t need to have a stream folder inside of the resource folder, as you are not streaming textures, but a script. In your server resource folder, just make a folder called fuelmode or whatever in your case, and just drop the __resource.lua, server.lua (if applicable) & client.lua (if applicable) into the created folder.

That is a client-side modification (hint is the .ASI file format). This cannot be setup server-side. If you would like to use this modification, follow standard procedure in installing the .ASI. Not sure if it has to be installed in the FiveM directory, GTA directory or both, as I’ve personally never used .ASI, although you should becareful, as some client-side modifications may end up doing more bad than good.

I don’t think there is official support for using ELS on FiveM due to proprietary matters I believe, although you should be able to get ELS to work by installing the .ASI for ELS to the client-side, as it cannot be installed on the server. As for the .xml files, they need to also go to the client-side, not the server.

Still a bit grainy as I’ve never used .ASI, although this should give you a basic understanding. If someone else has anything to say, feel free to extend or even correct me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh ok. Thanks! Knew that you had to install ELS clientsided, but didn’t know that the same goes for the .xml files. I think i’ll just stick to normal re-textures then. To much hassle for the people that want to join.

And about the FuelScriptV. So it should look like this?: Resources\fuelmod(here I put the empty “__resource.lua” file and the “FuelScriptV.lua” file.

And in server.cfg I just make a new line with: start fuelmod

Is this right?

Do I have to put anything in the __resource.lua?

Cause I’m pretty sure I tried it. Will check it now.

Tried it now, but it didn’t work :(.

The path is correct (although Resources should be lowercase, so resources). Again, you are not streaming vehicle resources, so your __resource.lua has to be complete. Please refer to this documentation.

Furthermore, make sure you are starting the resource from your server.cfg.

Oh ok. Didn’t know that. How do I get the long number tho, as no __resource.lua file followed with the plugin. Should it look like this?

resource_manifest_version ‘44febabe-d386-4d18-afbe-5e627f4af937’ client_scripts {
‘FuelScriptV.lua’,
}

You can usually leave out the resource manifest version and just have client_scripts and server_scripts. You can read more on manifest versions here. More than likely, most scripts do not require you to define the manifest version, so I would try without.

1 Like

Ty! Will try it tomorrow!

Tried it, but it doesn’t work. I also found a fuel mod made specially for fivem called frfuel. Doesn’t work either.

Are you sure these scripts are being started in server.cfg? May I see a copy of your server.cfg

Sure! Here you go:

# only change them if you're using a server with multiple network interfaces
endpoint_add_tcp "0.0.0.0:30120"
endpoint_add_udp "0.0.0.0:30120"

start mapmanager
start chat
start spawnmanager
start sessionmanager
start fivem
start hardcap
start ■■■■■■■
start scoreboard
start playernames
start customvehicles
start 911
start pv-tow
start EasyAdmin-master
start pQueue
start loadingscreen
start guiEd_eng
start disclaimer
start mxhandcuff
start vehcontrol
start frfuel

sv_scriptHookAllowed 1

# change this
rcon_password Rufus2009

sv_hostname "Cop Roleplay"

# nested configs!
#exec server_internal.cfg

# loading a server icon (96x96 PNG file)
#load_server_icon myLogo.png

# convars for use from script
set temp_convar "hey world!"

# disable announcing? clear out the master by uncommenting this
#sv_master1 ""

# want to only allow players authenticated with a third-party provider like Steam?
#sv_authMaxVariance 1
#sv_authMinTrust 5

# add system admins
add_ace group.admin command allow # allow all commands
add_ace group.admin command.quit deny # but don't allow quit
add_principal identifier.steam:110000112345678 group.admin # add the admin to the group

# hide player endpoints in external log output
sv_endpointprivacy true

# server slots limit (default to 30)
sv_maxclients 32

And my God do I have problems with the plugins. Even /911 gets an error :D.

Hmm strange. Looks fine to me.
What errors, if any, do you get in terminal/cmd/console?
Infact, send me the full log of the server (on the console), or even a screenshot if you can.

Also, how are you starting the server? Are you doing

/path/to/run +exec server.cfg

Here it is:

Sending heartbeat to live-internal.fivem.net:30110
pQueue: SmuleH[steam:11000010a47f731] attemped to connect
pQueue: There was no queue and the server isn't full, allowing SmuleH[steam:11000010a47f731] into the server
pQueue: steam:11000010a47f731 was greenlit for join (Ignore Recent)
Connecting: SmuleH
pQueue: SmuleH[steam:11000010a47f731] was found in ignore recent table, they are greenlit
Error running system event handling function for resource 911: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: server.lua:10: attempt to call a nil value (method 'Split')
stack traceback:
        server.lua:10: in function 'stringsplit'
        server.lua:2: in upvalue 'handler'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:163: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:162>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:162: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:131>
Error running system event handling function for resource mxhandcuff: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: sv_handcuffs.lua:38: attempt to call a nil value (method 'Split')
stack traceback:
        sv_handcuffs.lua:38: in function 'stringsplit'
        sv_handcuffs.lua:4: in upvalue 'handler'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:163: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:162>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:162: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:131>
hitch warning: frame time of 194 milliseconds

I know that the /911 and /cuffs doesn’t work.

Also I get this:

net-tcp-server failed to create server: couldn’t listenCould not bind MultiplexTcpServer to 0.0.0.0:30120.
Could not bind on 0.0.0.0:30120 - is this address valid and not already in use?

Should I change the 0.0.0.0 to my local ip, or normal ip?

You seem to be getting quite a bit of Stringsplit issues in your handcuff resource. This usually indicates an old resource intended for the old CitizenMP software. Please look at the porting notes here which will rectify your issue.

The above indicates that another program or instance is binded and occupying that port number already. Please change your port number to a different value, such as 0.0.0.0:30122. Make sure what you are changing it to is not already reserved or taken by another program.
You do not need to change 0.0.0.0, as that is only telling the system to bind to the external IP address, so only change the values after the colon : in the server.cfg file on the lines

endpoint_add_tcp "0.0.0.0:30120"
endpoint_add_udp "0.0.0.0:30120"

In summary, the good news is that the resources are correctly being called and initialised, bad news is outdated resources that need simple updating via the supplied link above as well as changing port number.

Oh, ok. Thank you!

I’ll try that.

I also now read somewhere that sometimes frfuel doesn’t work together with vehiclecontrols.

Deleted start vehcontrol from server.cfg, and I’ll try it now.

I also have difficulties finding scripts for fivem.
Do you recommend any website?
Just kind of finding stuff everywhere.
Didn’t come across any /fix script yet :/.

All of the releases for community resources can be found via #development:releases

Thank you!

Fixed the fuel script, /911 and /cuffs.