Port Issues

I am having the same problems I think. Every time I restart server I have to change port.

Same issue here, Restarted the server last night after the FiveM update and it stated failed handshake when someone would try to connect to that port changed the port and would allow people to connect.

Client updates don’t affect servers. Maybe you’re being affected by a Windows update, given that Patch Tuesday was last week?

The issue started on Saturday not Tuesday though

Okay, so? It could very well be your system only installed the update a bit later, since Windows Server doesn’t check for updates daily in many cases. Did you even check the OS update history to correlate, or try to uninstall the most recent security update? I feel you didn’t.

What OS version are you even using to experience this issue? Testing on Server 1803 does not seem to show this issue whatsoever, and no FiveM server code changed relating to this over the course of weeks so this is isolated to some older downlevel OS version.

1 Like

The last OS update for me was Thurday but the issue started Late Friday/Early Saturday

And have you tried uninstalling that update or posting what OS version you’re using?

I can confirm this issue on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials.
Recently update installed is .NET Framework Quality & Security Roll-up July 2018.

Binding FXserver to the actual IP of the box instead of 0.0.0.0 is a workaround for me.
Haven’t tried un-installing what I mentioned above, yet.

EDIT: I did have some trouble installing that specific update, due to Windows being Windows sometimes:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4345232/0x80092004-error-and-updates-kb4340557-and-kb4340558-don-t-install-aft - I don’t know if this is related in anyway. But I did follow the Workaround 2 on the link, and then the update did install.

I use Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and the OS updates were

2018-07 Security Monthly Quality Rollup (KB4338815)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - July 2018 (KB890830)
2018-07 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework (KB4340558)

What happens if you revert/uninstall this one?

I was told by server support that it is not recommended to uninstall updates. I might have to try this if there is no fix in the future.

Do what i had to do, i even upgraded my router to openWRT thinking it was bugged. Make a new server folder name it whatever u need it to be. Get the latest build from the fivem server site https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_server_windows/master/

Copy your serverstart.bat and your server.cfg as well as hello image into the new server. Then copy over your resources folder. Start the server and it should be fine after a cache is built. Something was conflicting with just copy paste updating. Maybe itll help you.

Ctrl C closes it instantly now, if it hangs it usually means the server is hung and the port wont close to be obtainable again. If it is still bugged restart the pc. After doing the above you should be fine.

Make sure windows firewall is off. make sure no other accounts are logged into running a fivem server or using the port.(when i used windows multiple people worked on each server we had so in case you do similar i say this) and that’s all i could say really.

I run all my servers off of Linux now cause its faster with mysql and other things. so i cant be of much help with windows

Uninstall “2018-07 Security Monthly Quality Rollup (KB4338815)”, this was the issue for me. It’s now fixed.

Thanks that fixed the problem.

It seems Microsoft has issued a replacement for the 2018-07 update (KB4338815) named KB4338831 (or KB4345424 for a critical version) - does the issue still occur on this version?

As Microsoft claims:

Addresses an issue that may cause the restart of the SQL Server service to fail occasionally with the error, “Tcp port is already in use”.

This likely will have fixed this issue with FiveM as well.

See also:

1 Like

Currently installing the new update replacement, will get back with further information if this also fails.

p.s. @natrium Been around for a while now, is it possible to join the testing group and server testing on Discord? My tag is Gee#1337, and already a part of the Snail Team 6.

New update replacement seems to have no problems \o/ Great success!