[poll] ban vehicle releases from the forum

yeah, I mean custom made ymaps that’s not on gta v mods already makes sense. like me, I made my own version of sandy shores enhancement, removed lights, removed the big buildings added more trees. basically completely redid it to my liking I been thinking of releasing it and that makes sense to me since you won’t find it anywhere else. but mods that are by other people that shouldnt be allowed unless its the author themselves.

I’d check it out, I can’t find a good one and can’t stand those stupid buildings.

custom ymaps have slowed down from being released tho, vehicle packs keep going up in number instead :confused:

1 Like

by the way, an element was talking about this on the discord some days ago:

2 Likes

I say only release cars if it’s original content and not releases. People like @Candice_P upload original content here.

2 Likes

Well, I released it. So now you can check it out. [Release]Custom Sandy Shores

I think it’s imperative that FiveM remains as accessible as possible. I understand that this will probably mean a less comfortable experience for people who understand what they are doing, but if we want diversity of ideas and lightning fast progress, we will have to go through all the low-effort cancer.

Banning certain types of content is how we’ll deter potential pioneers from one day knowing what they’re doing and contributing to the project’s future.

I know, it’s hard enduring all the idiotic, low-effort, stupidly worded and non-researched questions. But keep in mind that those are a fundamental part of any mainstreamed open project.

2 Likes

Big car packs (like 20+ cars) should not be banned, it’s the one with like only one or two cars that should be banned.

Because some cars are, believe it or not, more difficult to install than others, and not everybody is able to understand how to install them properly, even with the use of tutorial. For us that are use to develop and “manipulate” files every single day, those little things are very easy. But we have to take in consideration that not everybody is able to do that.

That’s why, as I said earlier, not all “car” releases should be banned

I think that would be a pretty good idea.

I voted ban it, but i guess another option would be make a sub section in releases for just vehicles? :man_shrugging:

Wouldn’t this be a ‘vehicle release’. It still seems useful.
Make a separate forum if you must and enforce no repost / share unless you’re the original author.

EDIT: Maybe a resource section is better off? This problem doesn’t seem limited to vehicle releases only.
There have been releases that are simply repackaged releases from gta5 mods that fit the same criteria.

It’d be easier if people just posted them on their github, and not here on the forums tbh.

I guess just making a damn vehicle releases section is too hard.

nothing is going to change, each option would entail additional moderation, angry people and demands to add sections/rules for [other type of effortless conversion], leading to a wildgrowth of sections/rules for such.

1 Like

Like Cadmium said… there are better places for these types of releases. I would personally think about putting some serious thought into some changes. At least have a discussion with other members of the Collective.

Just one question:

And if i convert a car from gta5.mods to resources and had broken textures " because of the stream limit " / mods kits not working and i fixed it and release here in the forum is it acceptable?

It’s not easy to do that.

Well it would depend on what sort of rules the mods / elements put in place. I personally would say no for releases as just a quick google show this video (below) at the top. Maybe if it was a car that was / is known for textures somebody could make a discussion topic about it but not a release.

The only way I think it could be released here on the forums is if you 1. Have permission from the original Developer 2. It’s your own model, as I stated in my last post.

I see, thanks for answering it.

1 Like

Interesting as i am a vehicle developer who creates vehicle mods specifically for fivem, i also release those same mods on gta5 mods but with different more high resolution and higher poly files. Probably creation of a vehicle subforum would be appropriate.

People who create these car packs should have the permisision of the creator to repost and repackage their files.

1 Like

To be quite truthful like Ice said most vehicles violate the actual terms of you downloading them they specifically state don’t reupload but looks like it’s done anyway because ppl don’t care about rights. Second half the vehicles that are converted to add-ons and then released break clients causing the discord to go haywire with “my game is crashing when I joojn this server and I don’t know why”. They should be banned and not allowed here follow the guidelines or get a developer to assist making assests for you.

1 Like