Please restore the motorcycle melee feature used in the normal GTAO. I.E. using a hammer or a night stick while riding a motorcycle

In the normal GTA online your are able to get on a motorcycle and select a melee weapon such as a hammer and swing hit with it. Right now in five m you are able to kick with fist selected, and swing hit with hand gun but your not allowed to swing with a melee weapon as your are in the normal gtav online.

The melee weapons are not slectable while riding a bike in five m as they are in the normal online free mode.

Please make this work as a default in FIVE M. I really want it for a motorcycle RP server.

Thanks keep up the good work.

Fairly sure this isn’t something fivem “disabled” but something that isn’t on by default, i guess you’d have to find out what native to call to enable these

What is a native please?

this is already in and not disabled. its a possibility that servers disable it because its a one hit kill

I don’t understand I run my own server, so how would I enable it for my server? Depending on what motorcycle you use the melee weapon hit is not a one hit kill by the way.

It is a one hit kill and its not disabled you have to hold x then use one of the two main buttons on your mouse to swing.

I think you guys are talking about, using weapons like hand guns to do motorcycle melee with, but as I said before it will not let you select a weapon like a hammer or night stick.

However you can select a night stick or hammer in the normal gtao.

Solution:

Path: FiveM.app\citizen\dlc\dlc_mpBikerCRC (might need to create the last folder)

content.xml (45.0 KB)

Add the above file into the listed path. :exploding_head:

What will this do? Will this add the ability to select melee weapons while on a motorcycle because I can already select a hand gun and swing with that as melee Weapon.

But I can’t currently select weapons like a hammer or a night stick in five m but in the normal gta online you select a melee weapons on a motorcycle.

1 Like

It lets you…

Huh? What does this change compared to the stock file in the game DLC/that is already included?

Seems that some dont have it? Cause they cant use melee weapons. I was sent that a while back and it ‘fixed’ it. So I just uploaded it. I’ve never looked in it tbh :smile:

I already had this file the whole time. I still cant select a melee weapon while on a motorcycle.

I did notice some values though that are interesting,

dlc_mpBikerCRC:/common/data/ai/weaponWrench.meta WEAPONINFO_FILE

EDIT: it wont let me post the raw code…

Would not some of these values need to be changed to true for it to work maybe. I don’t know what I am talking about at all.

Or what about streaming this file onto my server some how? Btw thanks for reaching out to this thread I hope I can get it working at some point.

There isn’t a native. This patch is disabling melee weapons. https://github.com/citizenfx/fivem/blob/master/code/components/gta-streaming-five/src/UnkStuff.cpp#L636

Not sure about the specifics but I did test locally without that patch and you can use melee weapons.

If it does, this isn’t intentional - these patches are meant to enable SP only scenarios such as animals and landing helicopters in multiplayer, but said population segments weren’t explored well enough and some patches might have side effects.

In this case, it seems more like that the netgame check after this one would’ve needed patching.

2 Likes

So it looks like there is hope to restore it still thanks everyone.

Yes please

Just go back to an older version?

… what? How would ‘an older version’ of anything resolve anything at all?

Also, this is already done in the latest client version (currently only on canary), older versions would only break it again…