OneSync Crash - cardinal-single-finch (GTA5+10FD5EF)

Client

Using canary? No
Windows version: Windows 10

Server

Operating system: Windows Server
Artifact version: 1504
IP address: 103.193.80.156:30120
Resources: 87

Incident

Summary: Client crashing on long distance teleport, usually when spectating and scrolling through players

Steps to reproduce: This crash is quite easily reproducable on a live environment, when using our spectate menu. I started by spectating a random player, and then changing target once every 2 seconds. After on average 5 - 10 players, the crash occurs.

It also seems to happen to groups of people who are not spectating, typically when they are in the same geographical position.

Server/Client? Client
Error screenshot (if any):

.dmp files/report IDs:
CfxCrashDump_2019_08_14_07_54_41.zip (1.1 MB)

Any additional info:
Contact me on discord (kn0pee#0001) for any other information

1 Like

Collected some onesync logs, unsure if they are helpful or not, but here they are:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Je3rgztW7KLxE4M1wxvA8UG-O6_7PJnW/view?usp=sharing

from discord #onesync
This issue is related to local-peds, how to fix it:

• Delete local peds
  • Use less local peds => by making “ped creation” based on distance -> if the player is close make it spawn, if he left the area delete it
1 Like

instal that crash dump and leter what i do ?
i . how i fix it

Can confirm that removing/reducing the amount of locally spawned peds will help reduce the amount of these cardinal-single-finch crashes. Have not tried removing when the player is far and spawning when the player is close yet.

I have seen much less of the ‘cardinal’ crash since trying it. I still get a few of them but not as many.

Can you throw me some hint on how you did this? I’m suddently facing lots of this issues on my server and can’t find a solution.

Search for any script that calls the CreatePed native. If the “networked” parameter is set to false, then make sure it only spawns the ped when the player is nearby and remove the ped when they go far away. Or if you don’t want to do that, you’d have to just remove the CreatePed call entirely.

1 Like