Odyssey Roleplay | vMenu | Active LEO/EMS | Hiring for SASP/SAFD | Anyone can be Cop/EMS |

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to check out our advertisement for Odyssey Roleplay!

We are a fairly new roleplaying community seeking active members. We prefer a serious roleplaying environment that doesn’t restrict our members from enjoying the time they spend with us. The server is vMenu based, but permissions have been set to restrict the spawning of certain vehicles that can be easily abused.

Features:
The server is run off a dedicated server box with 32Gb of RAM, meaning you’ll have a relatively lag-free roleplaying experience. We also use Modern Solutions for our CAD/MDT.

• EUP
  • vMenu
  • 2 LEO Departments (BCSO, SASP)
  • Subdivisions (SRU, Air-One, CID, and K9)
  • Custom LEO/EMS vehicles

All of our departments are hiring. As you can see, there are many routes you can take within an LEO department. We have an easy to use Discord setup as well.

What can you get out of this server?
We offer our members serious roleplay, a dedicated and supportive staff team, and a welcoming community that also enjoys having fun. All of this goes hand in hand with our server’s stability.

Where do we see our self in the future?
We ultimately want to become a fully whitelisted server at some point. We take suggestions from our members seriously, but not all of the suggestions we may get are put into motion.

We’re encouraging you to check the community out. Feel free to join our Discord. You can even join the server directly at 142.44.142.166:30120

Once you’re in the discord, take a moment to skim our community handbook. This will provide you with information about what scenarios are acceptable while on the server. If you have further questions, you can get in touch with a staff member via our ‘Support Center’ category.

If you’re still on the fence about checking us out, here’s some screenshots from the server!

The community is still in its youth, but it continues to grow as we swap vehicles/resources out for ones that are better suited for the needs of the community and the roleplay scenarios they create.

With all that being said, we hope to see you around! Enjoy the rest of your day/night!

1 Like

No invite link. Please fix! The discord invite link is invalid.

Invite link has been fixed. Thanks for letting me know it wasn’t working. c:

Chang Wang was here.

:eyes:

Seems good, I’ll have to check it out

Upon joining this community, I found that most members of the staff team are okay, however that thought was short lived. After watching multiple members get personally insulted by multiple staff members of the community, I realized that the staff team is simply a group of dudes who really don’t care. For instance, one of the owners was caught calling a mentally-challenged member of the community “a sped/retard” on multiple occasions. There are also many counts of the owners and admins ‘thrash talking’ members behind their backs. Granted, there are some exceptions, like a guy named ‘Jacobs’. This was previously a community called SWRPC that simply went through a name change, however since the new owners took over, they kinda killed the playerbase by banning some of there most loyal players, simply because they don’t like them, and not because they broke any rules. Also, in the advertisement it says “with over 75 active members”, however you don’t see those kinds of numbers on the server. It’s mainly that same 10 or so people that get on every once in a while and play. If you want a serious roleplay community with a staff team that truly cares about their server, then unfortunately this is not the place for you.

Sodapop,
You were with this community since day one when it was known as HRPC. “Banned because we simply don’t like them?” Why are you referring to the previous owner multiple times throughout this post? The only player base we REMOVED was the player base linked with said owner, who you and I both know was wrong. Please don’t forget the reason for your removal from the community for targeted harassment which you seem to go into detail with. You broke people down piece by piece, talked trash behind not only my back, but the people that trusted you the most and never had the nerve to repeat it. As for the ”sped/retard” portion, the only person that EVER used those exact terms was you. This communities past has nothing to do with its future. You were removed from your position(s) on the server for something that could be considered pretty severe now-a-days, and you’re lucky it isn’t being taken in that direction. I hope you find a community that can suit your needs, but your removal doesn’t make you look any better than what we’re trying to fix. Good luck on your ventures.
Sanchez

Sanchez, when I originally commented here I was not going to use any names when criticizing due to the increased risk of people being harassed. However, since you decided to use my name, that shall now change. When you said “As for the ”sped/retard” portion, the only person that EVER used those exact terms was you”, I instantly knew I had to make a rebuttal for this. See, in my message when I said “one of the owners was caught calling a mentally-challenged member of the community “a sped/retard” on multiple occasions”, I was talking about you. Not the previous owner. You. In fact, one time your exact words used were "We all know that the sped here is a—n (<-- Name of member, blocked for privacy reasons, as well as you already know which one). This happened on multiple occasions as well. So, if we are going with that being my removal reason, then that’s solely hypocritical. When you say “You’re lucky it isn’t being taken in that direction”, the same would pertain to you.

Now, on the topic of “This communities past has nothing to do with its future”, I strongly disagree. See, you are fully capable of making a proper server with useful scripts/mods that run well. However, that’s not all that is needed to make a community successful. You also need a good and strong staff team. Not a staff team that is immature. Not a staff team that harasses other members. Not a staff team that uses biased opinions. Not a staff team that complains when something like an RP doesn’t go their way. See, I believe that a lot of changes need to be made to ORP before anything big can come of it. Quite truthfully, most of them will probably never come about because of your wants. My point is this. In the past, a lot of things were done that paved the path of the server’s future. This has been shown to be the case countless times. From making a previously perma-banned member the owner, to not punishing certain members/staff for things they’ve done because they are ‘friends’, it paves the direction for the community’s future. It’s unfortunate, really. You have all this potential with development, but you’re using it on a community with staff that aren’t ‘staff material’. I mean goodness, you have a staff member that goes inactive for weeks at a time, comes back randomly and has little/no idea what’s going on. Then, that same staff member breaks some rules and gets his panties in a wad when he’s formally warned about it. Yet, he’s still staff. Currently, ORP is going the wrong way, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Personally, I now have realized that my ‘removal’ has actually greatly benefited me. As I was thinking about leaving the community, I was holding myself back because I thought that things would change, and that people would get better. However, after I got removed, I thought to myself: “Wow, those were the people you associated yourself with.” It made me realize that those people aren’t going to change, and I don’t believe the community will either. Hell, y’all might just change it’s name again to try and clear it’s slate.

Best of luck going forward, hopefully this gives you a more open-ranged perspective on things.

I’m skipping over a majority of possible responses to my main response: Who goes inactive for weeks at a time and gets their panties in a wad, because I’d be pissed if the only RP I experienced for a whole two weeks was a single person robbing the same establishment, shooting at me, and starting 10-80s constantly. If you saw issues, you were BOA for a reason. It’s the same for everyone else that said, “I know what needs to be fixed, but I’ll leave without bringing it up.” Do you really know what’s wrong with the community? If so, why not share your thoughts before harassing your friends. This’ll be my final response to you. I sent a DM for us to talk.

Just from reading this above, makes me not want to join a community if the owners and staff act like that… I hope people shape up

2 Likes

@J_Black You need to make a permanent Discord Invite link because it is invalid again.