Newbie questions about the server system

Y’hellow there everyone.

I have just joined the ranks of your wonderful project with the right mindset to start a private(for now) project on fivem. I have a few basic questions on how the fivem system works since I could not find the answers to those questions on my own.

1. How does FiveM relate to your own gamefiles and modfolder? I am running mods that alter handling of vehicles and even change the spawncycle of the world (World of variety for instance) and I was wondering in what regards I can put those on the server so its synched with everyone. Also if my game has custom handling, will it be overwritten by the server and if yes does the server allow for its own set of handling changes like a “shared” mods folder?

2. What mods are possible to be put on the server? How does it sync between server and players? I have seen that there are custom cars on some servers so they must be somehow downloaded to the clients.

Hope you can help me!

Hi. Mods which you have installed locally will not affect other players. You will need to stream them to the server in order for them to be synced with other players. I believe that the handling which you have installed will overwrite whatever is on the server. Most mods are able to be placed onto the server, although there are some exceptions. With cars and handling you can stream them onto the server by adding them as resources, I am sure that there are plenty of tutorials on how to do so.