MySQL Error!

[ERROR] [MySQL] An error happens on MySQL for query “SELECT * FROM items {=}”: Access denied for user ‘admin’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

I’m Trying to set up an test server but I keep getting this error if anyone can help fix it would be much appreciated!

moved to: #development:scripts | Issue with a resource, not FiveM.

Your typing in the wrong login information. Try root@localhost

I highly suggest to not use root to login to your MySQL.

You are either using the wrong password for admin and/or admin does not have rights to access your specific database. Change/check your credentials in MySQL

How/Where can I change and or check them?

1 Like

Depends on if you use a console to interact with MySQL or a tool (and which tool). Best is to Google how to check and maybe change them for your method.

I use phpmyadmin with xampp and heidi and I’ve been using the couchdb login because I’m not sure that phpmyadmin even has a username and password.

So I should change my username/password to something other than root/root :laughing:

phpMyAdmin certainly has a password, it just authenticates against your MySQL server. So that’s not going to help him with a password that he doesn’t know.

Reinstall MySQL and remember the password you use on setup. Or if you didn’t use one, try root/root or root/(blank) to login.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.