My (lately bad) experiences with ZAP-Hosting

Hi there.
I will describe my experiences with @zaphosting over 1 year here, and why I (try to) leave them.
If wanted, i could attach tons of screenshots, but most of them would be in german.

Initially i got one FiveM server at ZAP. I liked the nice interface, and the support was mostly helpful. Since i am in Germany, their business hours were no problem and i could almost always just contact support in the live chat. After a while i got a 2nd and 3rd FiveM server, and to that point, i would still have recommended ZAP. My (non german) admins weren’t because the ZAP support in english apparently sucked.

My view on ZAP changed when i got a rootserver from them (this month), to run 4 fivem servers off that.
The only reason i got the rootserver there was, that it said the traffic is unlimited as long as its not unusual like outgoing ddos attacks.

After buying it, and setting it up (this took a while since it bugged out and support had to debug it)i then noticed it had a fixed 1.5TB limit per month. That can be reset by contacting support, but the fivem servers would have filled the limit fast and i didn’t want to constantly have to worry about the traffic and contact support before it hits the limit and server goes down. That wasn’t what i expected from “unlimited”…

So i tried to refund. The support told me: Not possible. Altho, in my eyes, the product clearly wasn’t as described.
I then contacted the ZAP CEO and told him about my issue with the limit.
He talked down to me, in an unprofessional e-mail, about how the limit is mentioned on several spots on the site, and in their (poorly written) TOS. (I checked, it’s not.) And that no hoster in the EU has unmetered traffic and i should just rent their FiveM servers instead.
(I now rent a dedicated server at ovh, that has the unmetered traffic he told me doesnt exist in the EU.)

And just now, i find an invoice for 165,30€ in my ZAP interface for one of the FiveM servers, even tho i cancelled all services so they don’t renew.

TL;DR: Don’t buy ZAP products, you will be fucked over, sooner or later.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear your bad experience with the traffic policies of our VPS/Rootserver products.

We highly do not recommend to host FiveM servers on our VPS/rootservers; because there is no reason to do so but many reasons to host a fivem Server directly at us. And yes, fivem Server burn traffic as hell. (At least without onesync)

1. optimized ddos protection
  2. beautiful control panel with many features like an ESX or vRP installier, automatic db configuration
  3. free Backupspace, Automatic Backups of your Server an Database
  4. Full ftp access - you are able to modify any file and install custom resources!
  5. not traffic limit
  6. fivem and script related support

If you would like to test a FiveM Server, I am happy to put another 50€ to your zap credit. Just shoot me a message with your username or customer ID.

Im having similar issue but ive been charged twice somehow and have 63EURO in zap coins and will not be issued a refund due to laundering concerns!! Whats that all about!? What a joke, I will be cancelling.

Probably, a.dedicated server or root server is better. (To help you out if you don’t know what the best way to host a FiveM Server )

If you have issues with Zap-hosting, then you can contact them via mail or write the guy right above you via direct message.

I hope I could help :slight_smile:
:hamburger: :mascot:

It’s true that ZAP-Hosting is bad…
They often don’t want to update their interface to allow updated version of script like vMenu and other
O.V.H all the way :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Let’s look at that list of why a Zap FiveM server is so great

1. optimized ddos protection
  • Likely true, never had ddos problems
  1. beautiful control panel with many features like an ESX or vRP installier, automatic db configuration
  • The stuff on there is outdated half the time, db setup works well
  1. free Backupspace, Automatic Backups of your Server an Database
  • Had to use a backup 2 times. One time it broke everything and server was back to default, the other time it worked after the 2nd try, the 1st one just got stuck halfway through.
    After complaining i got told that the backup functionality is a free service so i can’t complain if it doesn’t work.
    (i mean ye sure, w/e you say m8, totally not like I paid 160€ a year)
  1. Full ftp access - you are able to modify any file and install custom resources!
  • so far i didn’t see a server hoster that doesn’t provide that :clap:
  1. not traffic limit
  • unlike your vps/rootservers :poop:
  1. fivem and script related support
  • bad fivem and script related support that can only really help you if you speak german *

@zaphosting Your message clearly shows that you either didn’t read or didn’t understand my post. But that wouldn’t surprise me, english isn’t where you shine.
I said I had 3 of your FiveM servers, I said I wanted to leave.

Thanks for your detailed feedback!

Basically, besides the backup restore problem, you mentioned two negative points:

1. our support speaks bad english
  2. the scripts we provide are not up to date.

1.:
In fact, only supporters who from our German office work in livechat. The english skills are mixed. Fivem related script support is not handled via livechat but via the ticket system. Here we have international fivem experts, who speak English fluently. For more in-depth scripting support, please make sure to visit the ticketsupport, not the livechat.

However, it is planned to make the fivem support team also available in livechat.

On 2.
Esx and Dunko will be pulled from GitHub when the server is restarted - if this feature is activated in your control panel. Essentialmode and async is updated 1-2 weeks after an update release. We have about 4 more resources in our panel, which are updated irregularly, because new versions were partly very buggy and we only release tested - nearly bug free - updates.

You are welcome to continue with the offer to provide you with a free server again. I would be pleased if we get in touch via discord to communicate problems directly with me. That would help us optimize things.

Such objective and detailed criticism is extremely important to me. This is the only way we can improve our products. Unfortunately, I rarely get constructive criticism like this :confused:

3 Likes

I’m bumping this because Zap-Hosting is a terrible service. So I don’t rant with an essay i’ll sum it down to a few points rated from 1 to 5.

Server Up-Time: 3/5
Server up time is mixed, especially if you have your server in a box in a different country. If you have to go for a server with Zap then do America or anything that isn’t Germany. Their Germany servers have more down times than I can count. So much they have credited me enough money that I could have gotten a second American Hosted FiveM Server.

Customer Support: 1.5/5
Throwing bad English out of the window here as I deal with that every day with my family. My main concern is that if you don’t live in Europe like me where I live in the Americas, you’re pretty much fucked if you want immediate support past 7 AM EST. Because they do not have support agents in America (AS THEY SHOULD) you’re stuck on their time which means if you want support you better pull an all nigher because they’re never on when you are. And your tickets won’t be responded to until some time between 2 AM EST to 7 AM EST so start getting up early.

Invoices: 3/5
Invoices are easy to manage but best to remember that they’re not paid immediately with the payment method you use. All payments get converted to Zap-Coins which THEN get put towards your service. So if you have paypal auto pay set up for your FiveM Server and you’re running a voice server at the same time that you pay with a different payment method, they will charge you TWICE off that paypal because they will take the zap coins from your FiveM Server payment and use it on the voice server FIRST and then when you dont have enough for the voice server they’ll charge you the same full amount again. And dont bother disputing because they will charge you AGAIN for the full amount AND suspend ALL your services until you pay them so you get fucked 3 ways from Sunday. Recommendation: NEVER SET UP AUTO PAY/SUBSCRIPTION. EVER!!!

Availability: 4/5
This one is straight forward. You can have any service up and running for you in less than 24 hours.]

Transferability: 2.5/5
Can’t transfer services to another account. Period. As for moving box locations, BACK UP ALWAYS. When we moved our FiveM Server from Germany to America the transfer failed and corrupted our ENTIRE BOX. Luckily we made backups on the client portal and an off-site backup via FileZilla. We ended up having to use the off-site backup because they lost the ENTIRE BOX with the backups.

Refunds: 1/5
They do not, and I repeat, DO NOT give refunds. Only Zap-Coins.

I don't know the ethics or legal ethics of this part so I marked it as a spoiler.

If you need a cash refund then skip Customer Support and file a transaction dispute with PayPal or your Bank. Either say the product you received wasn’t as advertised or that you did not make such a transaction. (Works best with your bank as the transaction is foreign). If you are doing a refund, don’t have any other services, and you never plan on using Zap-Hosting again then cancel all cards you have paid them with or paypal accounts you have paid them with, and never pay the invoice they will most likely charge you with for disputing the transaction. Especially if you recived your money back.

Final Rating: 3/5
Their dedicated teamspeak servers are pretty good and i’m sure they have some good services but I recommend finding a different host for your FiveM Server and any VPS Servers you wish to host. OVH and Hyper-V are pretty good alternatives. Oh and if you want to cancel your Zap-Hosting services just go to Contracts &Prepaid on your Dashboard. You’re all welcome.

Fight Me @zap-hosting (AKA Screenshot on where to find the Contracts & Prepaid page to cancel your services)

1 Like

just as an fyi, that is fraudulent and can warrant your paypal account being suspended and you having to pay all fees anyway.

Also, you ordering something based on a contract means you have to pay it, if you dont want to pay it if you dont have balance, order it as prepaid.

thats why im making server manually without those hosting

i just rent for about a weeks
i agreed on this
the live chat for english is slow and semi unprofessional
and for my experience
i paid for the server at 10PM , i get my server at 3AM(WHERE TF IS THE 1 min set up promised on the video!!!??? ) , then tons of problem(unable to acess FTP , unable to start)
moving my server to another VPS , then wrong region , move here and there
takes a day , which is no concern because i got no player yet and they give me one day back
but after i got fan base
the server crash and went down
they said they will move my server to new VPS again due to crash
they did not do it and delayed it 1 day
which make me lose potential fan base
and the server keep going on infinite loop of restart
once i press stop , it start itself
it has been a day and they did not try to solve it

1 Like

Hey,

we’ve used ZAP as our FiveM server hoster for a while, but moved away to a KVM server that i’m now administrating. ZAP is simply waaaay too expensive, we’ve paid 34€ per month and had 11 GB server RAM available. The server also crashed as soon as we had some cars with ELS setup out because the server couldn’t withstand resources that need more than the average “resource consumption”. Now, at our own dedicated server, we pay a few bucks less and have 32 GB RAM + unlimited traffic + 1 Gbit/s network as long as it isn’t used for illegal activities like DDoS. Not sure where you got those prices from, ZAP, but it’s definitely not the way to get customers. Cannot rate the support, used it too less.

1 Like

The issue I have found, is that by using a dedicated, you get blocked and then have to wait a good week or so for a response to unblock your dedicated server so it appears in the server list!

This seems to be Hackers abusing exploits in custom Resources, this is not related to our Servers, however, if you are affected, feel free to create a ticket, our Technicians will have a look :slight_smile:

-Eric

I would rather take a dirty poo in my hands and clap like a seal than give any recommendations to zap hosting i paid for 1 month get charged 2 months after i cancelled and now they are telling me i owe them the late fees even though i have no products on contract to me? the customer service is terrible they literally copy and paste replies and don’t even answer what you asked them in the first place just “pay” lol joke of a company

2 Likes

the way I see zap now is very different from what it was at the beginning, really.

I suffer from constant “split sessions or ghost server as we say”

in the scoreboard you can see 4 -5 people and then in the es_admin or another script like easy_admin or hyperadmin you only see 2.

This gives me a total rage which at least do not even deign to explain why and how that happens at least to constantly avoid these problems, on one occasion one of his support told me that the problem was the system or server overload by the multiple clients on that server.

That is why I decided to switch to the “premium” of few slots to rule out if this could solve these things and I still have these problems and the worst thing is that it shows with 2 people in the sv.

I am now looking for a cheap vps or similar to start, if you could recommend me I would appreciate it.

and excuse my bad english some words I use google translator to communicate with you.

1 Like

i have used zap several times before and all was great until recently

with my latest project immersion rp ive had my vps server.cfg reset itself to which then it couldnt be edited constant server crashes caused by there own 15.5.0 the nucleus update since that update my server starting will occasionally crash on launch or wipe my server.cfg and the only f**king fix is resetting your vps

if this continues ill order a dedicated server or try ovh first

also the zap crew have no idea how to help you when a resource breaks they just point you here to the forums which at times can be time constraining

1 Like

I had a similar problem when updating, at the beginning there was 1 problem with the database likewise with the sv that was down several minutes “host ping”

After updating I was surprised that these had overwritten or replaced several files that returned them by default such as, chat, fivem map spawn, playernames and who knows something else.

It goes from bad to worse and I am looking for an option to migrate sincerely.

2 Likes

I strongly suggest ovh. Since I left ZAP I have a dedicated server there and we had only 4 hours of downtime so far. Actually worth the money.

1 Like

hello mme can you say exactly what plan do you have to take it as a reference, I would really appreciate it if I’m going to ovh and I still don’t know what plan or option is the one that should be hired, otherwise you know some guide or manual on how to install or pass , thank you very much my good friend.