Multiple .meta files

Hello,

I am trying to start a server. I have downloaded multiple vehicles and have them ready to go onto the server, but I also have multiple carvariation, and vehicle.meta files, and I can not for the life of me figure out where they all should go.

Thanks

Hey. Make a new folder in resources, I called mine “mods” then inside that folder create another folder named “stream” (it has to be called this) in the stream folder you can drag in all your YTF and YTD files. Also make sure to add “__resource.lua” into your mods folder (not stream) and finally add “-mods” to “citmp-server.yml” under AutoStartResources.

Hope that helps :wink:

metas go client side… [How-to] Install .meta & .xml

1 Like

Meta’s can go serverside. Please note, this is only for addon vehicles. Not to replace vehicles that are already in GTA V. What I did is make meta’s for the replacements and let the users put them clientside, and the addon vehicles are being streamed so they don’t have to update their meta’s all the time. Works like a charm.

Please follow this tutorial:

• Create a folder called “assets” in /resources
• Create a folder in above folder called “stream”
• Put your vehicle .YTD and .YFT files inside
• in /assets, create a file called “__resource.lua”
• Put this code in __resource.lua:

-- the current manifest version level (2016-12-30)
resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

-- add the files to be sent to the client
files {
	'vehicles.meta',
	'carvariations.meta',
	'carcols.meta',
}a

-- specify data file entries to be added
-- these entries are the same as content.xml in a DLC pack
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'carvariations.meta'

Save the file and put your vehicles.meta and carvariations.meta (or eventually carols.meta as well) inside the /assets folder. It should look like this now:

Finally, put - assets in your citmp-server file to load the resource.

Good to go!

1 Like

I did this for replace cars works just fine just got to make sure the only thing in the metas is related to the cars that you are streaming and not the whole meta file only thing I get people to put client side is the visualsettings.dat as I don’t think you can stream that.

Same here. Visualsettings need to be put in the client itself.

Since 90% of the vehicles I downloaded have different .meta files which ones do I need to stream on the server.

Would you mind explaining a little bit in depth of how you got the replacement cars to work with server-side .meta files? I tried it but have no luck…

You can only have one vehicles.meta, carvariations.meta as far as I know. I always combine them in one meta file. Bit of copy/paste work and a noice combined meta file is born.

Try searching the forums for “merge meta”, I believe someone posted a little script to merge meta’s in one.

I’ll try so I use the merge meta data @SirMark is talking about from here [Release] Quickly merge vehicle .meta files to get blank .meta files (I’m asumming you don’t have any) then I open the meta file for the replace car I downloaded for eg the banshee as I have just finished adding a nice rx7 that uses it. In my example I’ll use the carcols.meta but I do the same thing for all so with carcols open I search banshree with Ctrl + F I then copy everything related to the banshee for eg <Item> <kitName>46_banshee_modkit</kitName> <id value="51"/> to </Item> </statMods> <slotNames/> <liveryNames/> </Item> <Kits /> <Lights />
into the blank carcols.meta that I made using the merge program I then do the same thing as the tutorial that SirMark posted.

I know it’s not a great tut but it’s 3am and thought hey why not help I’ll fix in the morning just reply if you need more help I’ll try and get screenshots

Do note though to doublecheck every entry in your vehicles.meta file. One little tiny mistake in your meta’s and your server will be un-joinable. And it’s so hard to find where you went wrong if you’ve just putted tens of vehicles in that meta :slight_smile:

Yeah, I know that struggle… Put around 15 Cars at once in the handling.meta. Can’t find the error :grin:

That’s why I only add 1 at a time then test that I can join the server just added a Skyline and found out that you can walk through half of the car so something is messed up

Tip, most of the time it’s one of these 2 missing in between cars: <Item> </Item>

Can save you a lot of struggle :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried doing what you said however it still doesn’t work :frowning:

I know, just don’t know which cars I replaced :grin:. Have to search through the whole file but I have no time :joy:

Is there a way (or is it planned) to stream other types of .meta files, like mapzoomdata.meta?

3 Likes