Moving hardcap to 32

Hey,
I know that a little while back FiveM devs tested the hardcap of 32 players. As far as I know, that was successful in keeping 32 players. If a normal server were to move the hardcap to 32, I could be wrong, but I think it allows for 32 players to join.

Are normal servers allowed to move the hardcap limit to 32?

Not sure it allows you to do that yet. Will more then likely cause your server issues. Would NOT recommend doing that.

No, don’t touch hardcap at all. When it’s ready, it’ll be ready for use.

1 Like
resource_manifest_version 'f15e72ec-3972-4fe4-9c7d-afc5394ae207'
client_script 'players.lua'
server_script 'players_sv.lua'

players.lua:

-- NOTE: THIS CAN AND WILL CAUSE DESYNC/SESSION SPLITTING ISSUES
-- PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS UNLESS YOU'RE ON A SERVER THAT:
-- - DOESN'T USE GAME VOICE CHAT
-- - DOESN'T USE LOTS OF SERVER RESOURCES
-- - PREFERABLY IS ON A MAP THAT ISN'T THE DEFAULT V MAP
-- NO SUPPORT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS BREAKING
-- IF YOU INCREASE THIS TO OVER 32 IT WILL. NOT. WORK.
-- DON'T EVEN TRY. LITERALLY.
Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    while true do
        Wait(0)
        N_0xcae55f48d3d7875c(0)
        N_0xcae55f48d3d7875c(4)
        NetworkSessionSetMaxPlayers(0, 32)
        NetworkSessionSetMaxPlayers(4, 0)
    end
end)

players_sv.lua

-- requires future server releases
if SetAdvertisedPlayerCount then
    SetAdvertisedPlayerCount(32)
end

Also edit hardcap.

4 Likes

Does this result in the server being blacklisted? We put this on and now none of our servers are on the server list. We haven’t violated any FiveM policies (including donations, we don’t even accept them) and cannot figure out why we aren’t showing up. We have a full 32 slot server right now but nothing is showing up.

Our communities name is Variable 7.

I have no idea. I don’t use 32 slots because I figured there would be something wrong with it.

Does this result in a server blacklist? Ours isn’t coming up now and we removed it. We hit 32 players, but we aren’t on the list. Our server hasn’t violated the TOS (we checked the full version multiple times); we don’t even accept donations.

No, that was an unrelated issue caused by an attempt to make servers not disappear from the list at all.

where can i do that? :?

Just out of curiosity, why no voice chat? Does the voice chat not work for some of the additional players or?

because voice chat isn’t meant to work yet, it’s just coincidence that it works, and it’s horribly bandwidth-inefficient and will break routing

Sorry for all these stupid questions and shit you guys need to put up with. I really appreciate you answering even the stupid questions like mine

How can i disable the voice chat and enable 32 players on a server?
Also, will normal chat still work if voice chat gets disabled?

i added the extra resource and edited the hardcap to allow 32 people but the server still shows only 24 outta 24 should it show x of 32 ?

I am using OneSync, is this mean i need to disable it to fix desync issue and more issues like voic chat …etc, ? i can’t understand !!

A 3-year+ bump? Really?