'Mouse Input method' setting of 'windows' breaks mouse input

GTA V version? No clue. Should be the latest version.
Up to date? Yes.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit Retail version purchased at Walmart.
Steam/CD/Social Club? Downloaded from Social Club.
Windows version? Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? I’ve completely deleted the “%appdata%/FiveM” folder and reinstalled.
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications i7-2600s - 8GB DDR3 - GTX 660 - 1TB WD Caviar Black - 2TB WD Caviar Green
What did you do to get this issue? Set “mouse input method” to “windows”.
What server did you get this issue on? My own.
CitizenFX.log file https://pastebin.com/uZDXcQfk
.dmp files/report IDs

Basically when I set the “mouse input method” to “windows” the camera flails all over the place at the slightest mouse movement. I understand this setting used to cause the mouse to be frozen at the server selection screen. I find it difficult to play GTA with “DirectInput” or “Raw” settings as they disable mouse acceleration, which I depend on to be able to make full 180 turns with quick mouse movements while still being capable of aiming accurately with slow mouse movements.

Please note that windows 7 is no longer supported.

I don’t seem to be experiencing any kind of exception? Too bad the thread got locked because I would have liked to discuss the issue. The Microsoft rep in the VS feedback thread linked seemed to indicate that the problem was being looked into.

Btw, is there a place I can submit a bug report? That was my intention with this thread. I know it has nothing to do with Windows 7 as my friend with Windows 10 can replicate it.

@Drift_91 Bug reports go here.

#general-discussion:bug-reports

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.