Mod/Script for the basics of roleplaying servers? // Rookie

Hey!

I’m new to the forum and just opened my first FiveM server this night. I hope this community can help me get started.

I want to create a Roleplayerver like many others out there, but with my own tuch.
I have looked around among many of the mods / scripts on the page but I wonder if there is some bigger mods that covers the basics of a roleplay-server. So you do not have to load 124 different scripts and sync them with each other.

So I’m looking for something that can help me lay the foundation of my server. Simple jobs, spawns, create a character, phone, business, economy, fonts, fishing, etc. Then, of course, I will add and remove what I want. But need something to start with.

This may sound very stupid for many of you experianced guys, but I’m quite new and I’m testing. The idea is to have the server building as a small hobby in the coming weeks, both to learn but also to hopefully get a good server.

1 Like

So there are two frameworks you can choose between, ESX and vRP.

They both do meet your requirement, but both have their own advantages & disadvantages.
And with “with my own tuch”, if you want a server to truly be unique then you should learn LUA and make some unique scripts for your server :slight_smile:
You can read my about the frameworks here:

ESX:

vRP:

1 Like

Thank you very much, it was just something like this I had imagined! I’ll take a look at the different frameworks and see which one suits me best. But what do you think is the most user-friendly for a novice to work with?

Thanks again and enjoyable weekend!

Well vRP is easiet to set up & configure, but most people tend to use ESX.

Thanks! I chosed to set up an esx server and have come a good way forward. Installed most esx plugins and got the majority of them to work. However, I have trouble getting the database to do as I want. am i supposed to be able to put jobs to people, manage finances etc from the database? In addition, my characters are not saved when I log in and out. The database feels like the most complicated to understand. The resources can be tried out a little more. If u have a guide or tutorial for managing the database i would really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Have a good evening!

Jim

when it comes to ESX questions they should be asked in the original topic.