Menu UI rendering problem

Looking through logs from 5 clients (Mine, Disquse, Cristal, d33p and Karlman) I stumbled across a difference in the logs.

The three working clients (myself, Disquse and Karlman) have similar outputs in our log where “Changing NUI shared resource…” is printed prior to “Opening GTAVLauncher_Pipe” is being invoked / called.

Meanwhile the two clients with broken UI rendering (Cristal and d33p) don’t have this message and skip straight to “Opening GTAVLauncher_Pipe”.

Speaking with @Syntasu on Discord, he brought up that the issue was brought to light just over two weeks ago over at https://github.com/daktronics/cef-mixer/issues/4 and it seems that the developer merged a fix at a later time.

Will attach all of the logs in this post with names so I don’t just spam this message with snippets of the logs.

Broken:

Cristal CFX log.log (23.4 KB)

d33p CFX log.log (30.3 KB)

Working:

Karlman CFX log.log (31.2 KB)

Disquse CFX log.log (14.9 KB)

Kuma CFX log.log (26.1 KB)

DONT BAN ME FOR POSTING IT WRONG OR SOMETHING

3 Likes

Just something to add/clarify, Kuma noted that all the logs miss the Changing NUI shared resource... for people who have this issue. This message is called when calling OnAccleratedPaint event.

Somehow on these machines the event looks like it’s not being called. So I thought it might be related to the issue that was openend by one of the FiveM dev’s on the cef-mixer repository:

https://github.com/daktronics/cef-mixer/issues/4

Some more info on the video cards of the people who do have the issue:

Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT, Driver version 342.01 (link)
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT, Driver version ???
Nvidia Geforce 545 GT, Driver version: 267.95 (fucking ancient)
Nvidia Quadro FX 3800, Driver version: 342.00 (link)
AMD Radeon R9 M200X, second GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4600
ATI Radeon HD 4650, Driver version: ???

Seems like majority of the video cards are quite old, can this be due to a driver issue that’s not available for older videocards?

1 Like

Based off of his log, it doesn’t even get near initialization of Graphics, it dies out before any call for it.

So something else is the cause of those issues.
Most likely to be Driver issues

at the moment doesnt look like anyone can do anything, but if you can find the ip address of the server you play on, you can open the console and type , connect ipaddress

I just had a look at my log and it is like this too. Hopefully this issue is sorted out soon, as its limited of what can be done in game (no text chat box). connecting to servers are a nightmare if you are unsure of what the ip address is and sometimes it pings out

I am one of the people with this problem and even after the update of the 27th nothing has changed, the problem persists. Just updating you.

bringing in more information, I have installed other GTA multiplayer platforms (GT: MP, RAGE: MP) and both use CEF as well, and work with their menus normally.
Sorry for bad english, it’s not my native language.

It might have been fixed with the latest update. Another CEF version update and some other NUI fixes. No guarantees though

Edit: not fixed.

1 Like

Unfortunately it was not fixed with the update on the 31st

3 Likes

Today I uninstalled all GPU drivers (9800 GT) and installed some old drivers and continued with the problem, I tried to start the game without using the GPU and the menu appeared correctly.

Additional information: Before the 15th update, the menu appeared with my current GPU (9800 GT) and with my current drivers.

1 Like

couldnt you rollback the CEF yodates which broke the game for older gpu users?

no we actually can’t, this would break a lot of things people rely on by now

1 Like

Have you given any attention to this problem? all the video cards with driver 342.01 have the problem of not loading the menu, it would be interesting to join a staff since the problem has already been discovered and try to solve, I have no knowledge in this area, what little I could do already I did, I removed the GPU and only used the CPU the menu appeared but it is unplayable.

Sorry for the bad English.

An element replied to this topic right above you.

They are aware of the issue

1 Like

yes, yet we don’t have any of those ‘video cards’ supported only by that driver version, nor do we have the ability to buy one (unless any of you chooses to donate money for us to buy an old GPU of this kind).

Is there anything we can do to help you investigating this problem?

Providing *.dmp files or anything similar?

A *.dmp is out of the question, since it’s not a crash. Best thing we can do is gather as much information about the affected systems, to see if some correlation exists between these systems.

Not specifically version 342.01, but more like <= 342.01 version drivers.

The correlation is ‘an ancient NVIDIA GPU’ before Fermi architecture. It’d cost us €30 (+ €13 in shipping) to buy a tested minimum specification GPU used from eBay. If anyone’s willing to donate towards this cause, get in touch with us.

But AMD seems also to be affected by this issue, so ancient videocards in general?

That’s the case of dual-graphics laptops, this didn’t work before that update either. Plus, I doubt anyone’s willing to donate over €300 for a used laptop of this kind, or just has one of such lying around.

1 Like