Making a map from scratch?

Hi, new to modding here, where do I even start to make a map for GTA V? Say I wanted to make a new island off the coast of the current GTA V map, or make an entirely new map all together with custom buildings, roads, terrain etc…? I tried to google where to start, it does not seem there is one direct tool for doing this but then again I can’t see how the different tools come together, can someone please tell me the specifics and point me in the right direction for getting started please?

Autodesk 3ds Max 2016 student version, GIMS EVO and/or use FiveM to convert GTA 4 files to GTA 5 - all can be found by searching on Google :slight_smile:

Why would there be conversion from GTA 4 map needed to GTA 5 when for example this supports gta v? https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/gims-evo-with-gta-v-support additionally can I use blender rather than autodesk in anyway at all?

If you wanna make it hard for yourself that’s fine, there are plenty of tuts how to do it for gta4 and converting it is pretty easy, I have yet to find a solid tutorial for doing it directly to gta5.

And I don’t know if you could do it in blender since gims is for Autodesk 3ds max 2016 :slight_smile: