MailDelivery v1.0.2 - Standalone mail delivery job for Paleto Bay, Grapeseed and Sandy Shores (Extra: ESX Addon)

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the late reply. You can change the vehicle using the following ConVar

For more ways to configure this, have a look at the Installation & Configuration section.

Glad you got it working. Let me know if there are features that you would like to see.

Nice as release man!

2 Likes

Feedback

Have there been any issues with this release or features youā€™d like to see?

As is, this release works fine. However, there are some security issues that I may want to address. These security issues mainly stem from the possibility of cheaters/exploiters executing events that may result in unwanted actions. If thereā€™s enough animo for it, I will be happy to implement some server side logic to keep track of a userā€™s actions.

Let me know!

Hello, we seem to have an issue with this resource which people can move the map icons and drag them somewhere else and then deliver mail continuously. Here is an example of whatā€™s happening. Any help would be great.

Yes thatā€™s true. This is due to the way that those blips work.

Iā€™ll look into a way to somehow freeze them. If it doesnā€™t exist Iā€™ll add an option to change the marker to an envelope or something

Update v1.0.2

This is a small update to accommodate for the new CitizenFX.Core assembly, new ConVars and an automated build + deploy process.

Latest Download: here

I was aware of the annoyance that @putyerhandzup was having, but thought that it wouldnā€™t impact the actual delivery. Therefore, I have changed the default blip to a flag.

FiveM_GTAProcess_2019-03-22_12-50-09

New Features

• Added 6 new ConVars to change all blip sprites and colors (see Configuration -> ConVars)
  • Added CitizenFX.Core.Client facade assembly.
  • Minor changes to CI build. Will be moving to Azure DevOps once I figure out how to deploy correctly. Pure solution builds are already performed there.

Fixes

• Fixed delivery blips impacting a delivery.
2 Likes

Thanks for the quicky reply and fix, greatly appreciated!

As a side note, is it possible to add more delivery locations by adding them to the source code? like if we wanted to add 20 new stops to Sandy Shores, for example?

Yes ofcourse! Go ahead. If you want to share those locations just make a pull request to the repository and Iā€™ll merge them for everyone to enjoy. Just make sure they are low enough to reach and the arrow marker that gets drawn looks good

Iā€™m not exactly the best when it comes to development so it might take a while, but iā€™ll figure it out :smiley:
Thanks for the support!

You can also just hand them to me and Iā€™ll add them. I will have to check each one though to make sure itā€™s lined up correctly

There is a bug where you can spam deliver on one spot and make continuous money?

I donā€™t know, is there?

Sorry, it is my code fatal issue to cause this problem, thereā€™s nothing wrong with System.Drawing.Color or so. Everything works fine.

Only the glitch is that if sets reference path to clientc\itizen\clr2\lib\mono\4.5, source code wonā€™t compile because System.Drawing.dll is just an empty dll file.

It is empty but System.Drawing works in runtime, itā€™s that because thereā€™s a namespace named System.Drawing in CitizenFX.Core.dll, and thus covers necessary class used in fivem.

Conclusion: Iā€™d considered itā€™s a bug/issue in fivem client.

1. If set reference path as Microsoft default, it compiles without error, and works in runtime. Reason describes above.
  2. If set reference path to fivem client library, it wonā€™t compile. Because thereā€™s no such a System.Drawing.Color in lib folder.
  3. AFAIK, thereā€™s no way to directly use namespace CitizenFx.Core.System.Drawing,
  4. In my opinion, we should use fivem client library as standard reference. And thereā€™s a glitch inside CitizenFX.Core.dll/System.Drawing.dll

BTW, Iā€™m trying to describe as clearly as possibile but Iā€™m new to C#. Sorry if said above are hard to understand :frowning:

If this do is an issue in fivem, Iā€™ll report this issue in more proper place.

Original Post:
It seems System.Drawing.Color not working properly in recent fivem release.
Exception thrown at line with World.DrawMarker (which use Color inline):

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Iā€™ve tested by

1. Put pre-compiled maildelivery-v1.0.2.zip in resources folder (It works fine)
  2. Complie from source
  3. Write Standalone code test in c#

Could you please do a test too? Iā€™m not sure if this is a setting issue on my own pc, or is it a bug or not.

Iā€™ll test it once I get home tonight!

This might have to do with the recent changes in the CitizenFX core dllā€™s. https://github.com/citizenfx/fivem/commit/663ad49854b8b86c1f84fd125f83f8181b3c4f5b

Sorry itā€™s my fault, I make null reference when learning/editing your source code :frowning:.
What you write are totally fine.
In addition, it may be a glitch in fivem client I found during research. Iā€™ve edit my original post to describe that.
Feel free to help me to resolve this issue, thank :slight_smile:

nah your good, would love to see if you could retrieve your deposit back as long as you return the vehicle.

Yes I thought of that when I was testing the latest update.

Iā€™ll add another event for that. The ESX addon will also be updated then either separately or I might build it right into the resource so people donā€™t have to run two resources.

Sounds good :), great work.

1 Like

Possible to allow edits to this, ex: decrease the pay?

Yes! Have a look in the main post of this topic under Configuration -> ConVars