MailDelivery v1.0.2 - Standalone mail delivery job for Paleto Bay, Grapeseed and Sandy Shores (Extra: ESX Addon)

To change payment limits you can use ConVars. For example add to your server.cfg:

set mail_min_payment 100

To change the minimum payment to be 100.

You can hook the payment to your own system using events.For example, server side listen for an event and add payment to a bank account:

AddEventHandler("MailDelivery:DeliveryMade", function(payment)
    -- add payment to players bank account
end)

A full list of events and convars is in the first post under Installation & Configuration

Unfortunately, this does not work out-of-the-box with popular frameworks like ESX, so it requires some coding knowledge.

Edit: YOU DO NOT AND SHOULD NOT edit any of the files of this release. Just download the release

1 Like

Great release! Well done :heart_eyes:

I wish more people would make standalone mods, Thank you for this.

Im currently stuck on trying to solve

private static readonly Color DutyColor = Color.FromArgb(255, 92, 133, 255);

the ‘color’ section is the problem,

Any help would be appreciated

Add this

using Color = System.Drawing.Color

I know that the Color type exists in both CitizenFX and System.Drawing namespaces but it shouldnt conflict with the way I set it up :thinking:

@CakeArmy_Max you have to indeed start the job. The rental van spot is only for renting the van.

Tried it, still doesnt work, ill keep messing around with it unless you have anymore suggestions

Post Update 09/01

I’ve added a link to an ESX Addon by @blarglebottoms called esx-maildelivery. It showcases how easy it is to integrate this job into your current system.

See Important LInks in the main post for a download link.

2 Likes

it is not wanting to work for me when i try to join the server it tells me that it couldn’t load maildelivery resource.
any tips?

Sounds like the structure of the directory is like “mailjob/mailjob/…”
But right is
“mailjob/…”

Could you add the player’s name to the payment server event? That would help greatly!

Anyone that fully edited the script to esx? It does not work for me. Maybe you can upload a script for esx users where it is already fully working.

Reading is a superpower.

And where can you read how to do the installation then? Do you need to run them both, or do you need to implement it in the other script. I’m not a coder myself. But thanks for the reaction :wink:

It’s an addon. Per the GitHub:

Simple event listener to make mail delivery work with ESX.

Requires:

So you need the MailDelivery, then you just run this as an additional resource.

Thanks, that is an answer I can use :smiley: Thanks bro

this is how I have it setup.

when you return the DeliveryTruck the blips are not dissapearing and you can move them around.

I am using the standalone version

Download this file, don’t download the source code.

copy thanks got it workin

so another question? Since this file only came with the maildeliveryclient.dll file and the resource.lua file, where do I edit it to where I use a different vehicle.