Low fps with low cpu and gpu usage

I play GTA V with very high settings and I get around 60-80 fps. While playing on a FiveM roleplay server I get around 30-50 fps. I also noticed that while the base game uses at least 80% both cpu and gpu, FiveM utilizes only 50% cpu and 60% gpu according to the Windows Task Manager. I’ve also tried all graphics settings from normal to very high in-game but they make little to no difference and my fps doesn’t seem to want to go over ~65 fps.

GTA V version? 1.0.1290.1
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10 64 bit
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes
Error screenshot (if any) none
System specifications CPU: Intel Core i7-4790
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 12,0 GB DDR3

What did you do to get this issue? Install GTA V and FiveM
What server did you get this issue on? Roleplay
CitizenFX.log file CitizenFX.log (134.6 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Also add what you already tried so far.
Changed in-game settings and reinstalled FiveM

Every server is different. Some have a lot of resources some don’t. Some have intensive resources some don’t. FYI if your gaming on a 60hz monitor any frames over 60 aren’t displayed anyway. At that point you should use vsync, because it’s just overworking the hardware for no reason.

I’m just thinking that FiveM is underutilizing my pc and bottlenecking my performance since I’m sometimes getting as low as 30fps while there is more that the cpu and gpu could push. It’s also strange to me that lowering the graphics settings don’t gain me any performance at all. And by the way I am gaming on a 144hz monitor so getting at least 60fps all the time would be nice.

1 Like

Try playing on a different server that doesn’t use any ‘roleplay’ resources.

Alternately, upload an ETW capture:

I played on a server with fewer resources and my fps was far better. I guess the server I was previously playing on had a lot of demanding resources. Oh well… Thanks for the help anyways!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.