Linux or Windows?

Hey everyone,

I’m planning to run a linux fivem server.
Are there any limitations/differences in regards of scripts/mods etc. when running windows or linux server?

Thank you so much,
Best.

Not really, or at least not that I’ve seen. I develop/test on Windows and push to Linux (Ubuntu) and have had no issues thus far.

1 Like

Thank you.
So this means that I can also run the other things like mysql on the same machine right?

Yes, you would be able to do that.

1 Like

wait ur linux server has no problems? does it run 24/7?

The only problem mine has is the CuRL error code 52, still trying to figure out why that happens. Other than that, no issues.

hmm, interesting I have been having problems with Linux for a long time with the SIG error and randomly crashes so how many resources u run on ur server and is it on essential mode and esx or some other stuff?

The SIG errors are normal. And it’s a vanilla FiveM server at the moment, but the resources that will be added are all coded by me. I’d recommend creating a topic in the #technical-support category if you need help.

Is your Linux-based FiveM server still operational? If not, how long did you have the server running for, and what difficulties or challenges did you encounter during that time?