Linewrapping in "F8 console"

MAYBE there is an option and i have overlooked it (did searched thoroughly though) and IF so: My apologies for bothering this forum :wink:

But if i didn’t missed it and it’s not implemented yet, i do have a ‘small feature request’ :slight_smile:

I would like to know (or see) an option to enable line wrapping in the F8 console, this is especially handy when you’re running in windowed mode while developing and testing scripts and want to read output’s or errors. Even more so on lower resolutions

MAYBE there is an option to scroll ‘sideways’ then my appolgies and i’ve missed it haha, but in general a line wrapping option would be neat :slight_smile: and helpful for server owners and developers :slight_smile:

Additionally it COULD be useful if we could copy from the (F8) console output (not talking about the input box of course) , although I can understand that this can become difficult due to possible draw limitations :slight_smile:

Yeah. I have had it where some error outputs are so long that they go off the console and forces me to look into my client logs in my fivem directory. Not fun.

1 Like

Usually i know where to look since i quite keep track in my thinking processes of the lines I’m working on, but if suddenly unexpected a nil error or so occurs due to scripts linking to each other, yup… then needing to go back and forth to the client logs does ‘kill the workflow’ by quite a bit.

BUT working professional with software development and rendering too during my daytime job, i would also understand that there are ways of rendering such consoles that might make it much harder to decently implement a linewrap. Just hoping it’s possible in a “fairly easy way” for them to implement :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its really funny I seen this today because I was just talking about this yesterday.

:crossed_fingers: Hopefully its easy to add.

1 Like

Just use any of the other console output methods:

• CitizenFX.log
  • VConsole2
  • a manually registered listener

Okay, well it was just a question if it would be possible, i know about VConsole, just to know if it would be possible to ‘improve workflow’ a bit more since the F8 console is already quite effective during development (thanks for that btw), but just wanted to know if it would be possible to improve it there without the need to run external tools next to it. :slight_smile:

(for those not familiar with Vconsole, here are instructions on how to use it (well the port number and dl): FiveM update - May 16th, 2017

So Assuming btw this ‘feature request’ is denied then? :wink:

How do you register such a listener? Not having any luck finding it