Licence Key Help

I have put a FiveM server licence key on my server config on my Linux when I try to start the server it says no server key in the terminal. I have tried all different keys but can not get it to work does anyone have any ideas to try to fix it.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

i would not recommend you to post your license key since others might use it.
it looks like you didnt execute the server correctly

how do you try to start your server?

i use “bash /home/fx-server/run.sh +esec server.cfg” to start the server

i guess u meant +exec
do you execute it from the folder the server.cfg is stored in?

yes thats what i mean sorry and yes i am executing it from the folder server.cfg in stored in.

Show your folder structure as it says on top that it can’t even find sessionmanager. Make sure to cd to server-data

what do you mean by cd the server-data?

cd aka change directory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cd_(command)

You must start your server from your server-data folder. This folder contains: server.cfg, resources, cache (if started).

See https://docs.fivem.net/server-manual/setting-up-a-server/

ok thanks i will take a look

I dont know if im being stupid but i have done all of this and still get the same thing. Its weird it was working correct yesterday and stopped working today. I also tried to use my backup from when the server was working but still got the same results.

Then please show your folder structure and the full command you use to start your server (including the current folder you are in). Your server.cfg file looks fine

Yes sure give me a min to log into my vps

bash /home/fx-server/run.sh +exec server.cfg

This is what i use to start the server.

And did you cd /home/fx-server-data before you ran it?

thank you so much for all the help that work my friend told me a different command like that but it didnt work xd

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.