[Large Release] The Family RP Partial Source Code [C#]

Elaborate please <3

As I don’t see how C# could be faster as to some scripting language that is directly imported by bytecode :smiley:

7 Likes

@Syntasu

I would actually love to benchmark this when I get the opportunity, as I am curious myself. I am confident C# will be faster, but it may be by a much smaller margin.

3 Likes

I will be working on getting the menu framework including the customization menus etc. to you as a standalone resource sometime the coming two weeks.

I started at the GitHub link below. It currently builds, but I haven’t tested it in-game yet.

I want to add a number of features before I am happy with it, too.

You need to know C# to get it working like you want to right now.

As MsQuerade said, we Family Devs choose to release our own written code as we, as an individual, please. If we don’t, we don’t. If we do, great. What has released been released here is what he has written, therefore he has the right to release which is fine. Us as a development team respect his decision. In the sense of contribution to the FiveM community as a whole; yes we have not explicitly released the current build of code, but you as a community members see what we do have on our server, and you as a developer can 100% try and do it too. If you’re curious about how we went about a feature/more technical-orientated questions I’m sure one of us on the team can give our input. I know Timothy and Mooshe (two others on the dev team) are in contact with some other developers on other servers and have helped out in that sense too.

Also, Mooshe, has streamed working on server code and I’m sure if you popped into one of his streams he’d be able to answer stuff right then and there.

My point is if you’re curious about something, find the source of the content and ask questions. Granted, I’m not saying you’ll always get an answer, but we’re not trying to be completely unreachable with our content and us ourselves.

1 Like

How can I create a server with this gamemode? I mean steps by steps.

1 Like

This is not a gamemode. This is a little part of TFRP Source Code. As said above its only source code and some of it won’t work if thrown straight into a server. Have a look around in releases and find what you want.

1 Like

Can you add me on discord? Michael#4913

Love the Release Man, This is helping me a lot with playing around with C# and fivem.

Loaded System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51 into ScriptDomain_1789981606 Loaded MySqlConnector, Version=0.22.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null into ScriptDomain_1789981606 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR (System.Int32 errorCode) [0x0000a] in <0123fd5b1a1040fe9d70a7e0d4b28acb>:0 at (wrapper cominterop) CitizenFX.Core.IScriptHost:OpenHostFile (string) at (wrapper cominterop-invoke) CitizenFX.Core.IScriptHost:OpenHostFile (string) at CitizenFX.Core.MonoScriptRuntime.LoadFile (System.String scriptFile) [0x00007] in C:\gl\builds\4ff63adb\0\cfx\fivem\code\client\clrcore\MonoScriptRuntime.cs:91 Failed to load script server/Server.net.dll.

Any ideea?

Any knows whyt i try to build this sources in visual studio and i get none errors and still not bulid the project. its say something about set as startup project. pls help.

The src files are just the classes. You will need to create your own solution and project to build it

okey. thanks for the help. any one have get this to work. i get fail when i rewrite this code.

You should probably not be using this, if you don’t know how it works. You can’t just “build the solution” and that’s it. You have to understand C# and how Visual Studio operates. Other than that, the release is partial - not working. It’s meant as a resource to learn creating your own scripts.

The Framework doesnt work for me it just loads the server as a Normal GTA Server so nothing works

you need to code stuff for it to work

What do I need to code

A bit. The title says “Partial Source Code”. The devs of the family RP make their own stuff but work on stuff together so Hippo might have some and finny might have some for the same piece of the script. So you need to do a bit.

The above is too my knowledge and could be partially wrong.

Everything. These are just snippets which you need to build and extend to make it work with whatever your server is like.

Take this code as inspiration of how to organise a C# server project and how to resolve some problems you come across

Hey @ImportantHippo is there anyway you could get us the AssemblyInfo.cs so we can compile it?

He can’t in good conscience release that if he didn’t author it. Your best bet is to find the referenced class/methods being called and write your own to satisfy the needs of the script.