.json to ymap black boxes

Is there away around the black boxes that are on the trees after converting from json to ymap i have 3ds max 2012 and addons needed but i dont know to much about it is there any other way around it ?

Like I told you in PM. The black boxes have nothing to do with the conversion process as textures and models aren’t manipulated what so ever.

So you may need to edit the textures and change the trees from dxt1 to dxt5 to add transparency.

1 Like

they do, you’ll have to set some flags in the archetype if models are currently relying on alpha testing

1 Like

yeah i know i tried it manually and it fixed the road issue and from dxt1 to dxt5 seems to simple to fix it but ill give it a go :slight_smile:

sadly dxt5 didn’t work :confused:

Any documentation on flags? I can’t find a thing.

1 Like

to retain legacy .json behavior:

• specialAttribute = 31
  • flags |= 0x10000 (or, in decimal, +65536)
1 Like

Thanks @barium.

@OXMODD3R I will apply an update to my program and PM you with a test build tomorrow to see if it fixes your issue.

1 Like

yeah sweet bro thanks guys :slight_smile:

so… how do I get around the black box issue?
i tried flags value=“65536” and specialAttribute value=“31” but my trees still have black boxes around them

correction. it works on one map but not on another…are there some other flags or specialattribute values I should try?

Just turn off the MSAA in your GTA5 settings…
I search the google and forum and last I found the solution by myself

1 Like