Is there a better alternative to the F8 debug window?

Thanks for the reply.

Can it be used for Lua scripts? The documentation isn’t great on it…

If so, do you have any example of how you used it in your scripts?

Cheers.

1 Like

vconsole directly connects to your client console, it has nothing to do with scripts itself, just allows you to manage your console and some additional features. Documentation isn’t great, I agree.
Once you’ve downloaded vconsole, go to bin/win64/vconsole2.exe and connect to localhost:29100 when you have your fivem client open.
That should be all there is to it.

Hey, thanks for the information but I can’t find this vconsole2.exe anywhere?

The only vconsole download I can find is on git, and that doesn’t have any executable :confused:

Where did you download your version?

I got this one from @dexslab (and he told me he got it from @ejb1123) (edit: link removed, see post below) not sure where ejb got it from.

1 Like

Awesome, cheers dude, i appreciate it :slight_smile:

Set port to 29100 for FiveM works great and u can filter and save as well enjoy

1 Like

want to know how to use this software, I don’t know how to use it.

it comes from FiveM update - May 16th, 2017 which is easily found by looking for ‘vconsole2 fivem’ on google

1 Like

That explains why I couldn’t find it on google because I only searched for “vconsole fivem” and it didn’t come up there.

Is there an alternative to the .exe for those on a linux server?

You would run this executable from your computer, not the server, since this is for client-side debugging.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch Grandpa. I connected to my server IP(it’s not local) and port of 29000(my game connection port is 32000 but vconsole wouldn’t connect to that) and although it states it connected, nothing that is popping up in F8 is showing up in vconsole. I tried creating a second channel with all type boxes checked but still nothing shows in the console.

I can’t find any documentation on this. Anyone know what I need to do to get vconsole to show what’s going on?

Like @SaltyGrandpa said, this is for client console debugging. So you need to connect vconsole to localhost (port 29100). Then connect ingame to whatever server you want

Since I have no idea how to do that, is there a log file updated and saved on the server that I can download to scan the warnings and errors locally in a text editor?

Thanks!

[EDIT] To clarify, I started it, connected to localhost 29000 and started then played on a server in game and nothing showes in vconsole during that time.

You need to connect to 29100 not 29000.

And for server logs: on windows the server console is exported to CitizenFX.log in the server directory, on Linux you can output the console using something like | tee to some output file you want, iirc.

Any solution for RedM ?

It’s the exact same as for FiveM.

So there is no better solution than pressing F8 or seeing the log files?

usually I just use con_miniconChannels * so that I don’t have to keep going into F8. Shows the console on screen, do con_miniconChannels minicon:* to disable

… huh?

As said, it’s the exact same as for FiveM, where the ‘better solution’ has been detailed in this topic:

… with the replies below saying exactly how.