Is FiveM on Windows7 totally dead? dev need help :'(

Hello. since a moment i have problems to run FiveM
i was with this problem: FiveM won't start help
we found the way to run the game by running first fivem, after the windows10 notification we run steam, and the game worked a bit like that. Now even this don’t works. i can’t run FiveM at all, it show Social Club window, then red fiveM widow, then nothing happen. In ctrl,alt,del/processus i have only 3 processus running, sub process stop working after red window.
The last answer of the topic should be W10 related because i dont have this option.
I have two servers, hosted to OVH, i pay and dev alone for these servers each month till 5 month now. And i just can’t play with all the work i did. I start to getting crazy. Please help me.

GTA V version: up to date, 1.0.1032.1
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? steam
Windows version? windows 7 pro sp1
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? yes
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes
Error screenshot no error messages
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
System specifications
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/crash IDs

Also add what you already tried so far.

They’ve stopped support for Windows 7 I’m afraid. You may be able to get some help, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

yes i know but i can’t abandon these 5 month of hard work and my money for server leasing…
Why to stop w7 support… most of players are on w7… even devs like me spend a lot of hours to make server better everydays. I try to be active on forum and help people the most possible when i can. Now it’s me that need help from the community. and don’t answer me “go to windows 10” i have a 1To hdd full of moddings, works, animations i did… i can’t erase my hdd to upgrade a shit syphilitic windows version :frowning:

1 Like

This is why: Windows 7 support dropped and you’re running your server on Windows 7?

“most of players are on w7” I don’t believe that to be true anymore.

1 Like

no my server is hosted to OVH so linux, and i pay for it every months… the server works fine. the problem is I can’t join my own server because five M don’t run…

1 Like

Well, then upgrade to Windows 8/8.1/10 and you’ll be able to run FiveM.

can’t i have a dev PC, i have 1To of work on my HDD i can’t erase everything for a syphilitic windows version
(noticed already)

I mean, it isn’t hard to keep your files, all you’d need is a second hard drive. I think there was another way to do it as well.

Then you wouldn’t need to rebuild the entire server? Your only option is to upgrade or not use FiveM, up to you really. You should have backups anyway if you really care.

Windows 10 is 90€ guys… And a new 1To HDD is 40/50€, then i will need maybe 1 week to save everything… yes good idea… -_- i will close my server, and play anything else. I just lost my 5 last months…

Guess you shoulda used that free upgrade, huh? Oh well, have fun.

free upgrade? what free upgrade? the one finished one year ago? lol

2 Likes

Yes, that free upgrade.

really constructive thanks :joy:

Always here to help.

If you have good internet you could always just backup your most important files to a Cloud Service.

no i live in french mountains connexion is not very good…

FiveM should work fine on outdated Windows versions still, however this is probably a problem with your specific OS installation. ROSSubProcess is supposed to exit after the red window closes, and return shortly thereafter - you also didn’t provide the requested information from the support template (log files, …).

In addition, as said in the announcement, none of our developers own a system that is capable of running Windows 7, and due to OS limitations it can not be virtualized either while having working Direct3D 11 (the OS functionality allowing this only appeared in 8); so testing is limited to fixing problems users report that are possible to deduce with the limited information provided by the typical user.

All you need is to just run the installer - an OS upgrade doesn’t require you to wipe everything…

that’s what i see. i found a 20$ w10 liscence. i will install w10 and see… if it don’t fix the broblem, i will just close my server and play anything else. i’ve lost enough time with this game.
@osmium where to find this log file?
also i don’t get any error notifications or sound so i don’t know if there will be anything in this log thing.