Improving Server Performance

So this may sound like a dumb question but here it goes. Is there a certain amount of RAM recommended for FiveM servers to cut down on texture loss on the server? Currently I have 4GiB of RAM and 40 GiB of SSD storage, my server tends to hover around the 25-30 player range daily and I am running about 94 resources (including vehicle addons). My question is will upgrading to 8GiB solve my problem and will I see a large return on server performance in general. My CAD SQL server also utilizes the same VPS so I’m not sure if that being on the same server could be causing performance issues as well with all the calling SQL has to do back to the server. I appreciate any help/recommendations!

9 Likes

For FiveM servers, you probably will not notice that much of the upgrade. fxserver doesn’t use a lot of ram, and texture issues are all client side issues, (they can be caused by broken or badly designed server resources, but not caused by the server lacking performance). The server doesn’t render the textures, the client does.

As for the other services, might be that you see some increased performance for those. Not too sure, all depends on the load, configuration and size.

6 Likes

What’s the recommended specs of a 32 players server? With a good amount of resources?

3 Likes

Is there a way to find under performing scripts that may cause this, I’m assuming maybe the console?

10 Likes

Mainly depends what you’re running on but I have 4GiB of RAM and 40GiB of SSD storage which seems to be plenty to run mine

2 Likes

You can see client script performance by typing resmon 1 in the F8 console. This will open a window that you can expand from the bottom right while the console is open. If the window is behind the console, Hold Ctrl+Alt.

Recommended specs are Server system requirements: x86-64 system running Linux or Windows (7/2008 R2+), decent upstream connectivity, multi-core processor recommended. (from fivem.net)

In other words, network bandwidth is more important. With OneSync you’d see increased performance with multi cores. RAM is not that important, as was pointed out, most memory intensive tasks happen client side.

3 Likes

Currently only the client resource monitor is available afaik, there was someone that made a small version of this for the server side but I’m not sure if it was ever pushed to production channel of FiveM.

5 Likes

I guess I should also ask what am I exactly looking for to determine what’s wrong?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks this console command is exactly what i was looking for, I only want to optimize the code for offending resources :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How to monitor server side fivem resource ?

3 Likes

Check this thread out it’s glorious:

1 Like

I am having the issue with RAM usage. Some of my resources is taking more RAM. Do you have any suggestion to monitor it ?

1 Like