Important: FiveM Linux server builds at risk

A year ago, you forced us to restart the servers on FXserver (instead of citizenfx) because (your words) - “we rewrote the entire code and now do not depend on old developments, we can do anything in the framework of the new code and everything will be cool” . Right now it turns out that you have deceived us.

1 Like

Why not use: https://www.docker.com/ ?

1 Like

Yeah that would be a good idea! maybe even create an available script on git that we would download and install the Fivem databases from the apt repo

1 Like

Lets face it, as the thread says that there is too many problems with Linux and we need to understand that it’s not fivem’s issue, so we need to understand abit.

1 Like

What? Define ‘restart’ here.

FXS is 90%+ compatible with old CitizenMP.Server code.

Huh? Where did these old ‘words’ even come from? Also, are you expecting people to have perfect foresight? How are you even ‘deceived’? This topic is about the builds being at risk.

1 Like

It’s probably not the best idea, as other software that users can install using apt-get is usually designed to be ran with the libraries versions that are shipped with that OS release.

In any case, I understand that FiveM for linux is at risk, but perhaps it would be necessary for you to think of consulting zap-hosting ‘the one and only illegible to sell Fivem’. If anyone could sell FiveM, maybe there would be more work and research done to improve FiveM. Right now it’s either Zap-hosting, or we, a community member who can improve FiveM. You would have to open your eyes to other suppliers, who have teams of researchers and devellopers, that would make FiveM much more advanced and perhaps have more help and research.

It’s quite possible to maintain fiveM free for all, but ask suppliers to provide you a rating and with this money to fund research.

1 Like

APT is pretty smart with dependencies. You can have multiple versions of a library installed…although it highly depends on the library being used.

1 Like

Really? I host my server for 5 years. Now what i have to do to keep going with fivem? Change evrything? I’ve also websites and projects on that server :confused:

This post and yourself are the last thing people are caring about right now.

boo hoo it affects you, it affects the other ~%40 as well.

1 Like

Yup i know, but i’m working hard on a server and i don’t want all of this wasted…

1 Like

have you tried [https://www.linaro.org/downloads/](http://Linaro Toolchain) i know it fixed many errors compiling bigass c/c++ sources (like android source code)

1 Like

Will this apply for zap hosting?

1 Like

As much as I shit post on this account, this is a serious thing, and seeing the “importanter” pinned tag, I wish the wonderful element staff good luck with this bug and might I say, this was a damn good way of presenting this information to us, the users! Hopefully y’all can get a build out soon and allow for many of us to beta test it. Good luck guys!

• NotBootium.

This post literally scared the shit out of me

2 Likes

So running a Debian 9 server will get you into problems sooner or later?
Damn, I’ll never switch to a Windows based server.

1 Like

not all hopes are lost my friend, i suggest you check this other topic out as well:

1 Like

Welp, was fun while it lasted!

1 Like

linux builds started coming out again though?

2 Likes