IceCon has a trojan virus

Uhm so just to request some information here my whole admin staff has been using icecon for almost 5 months now and all of us got alerted that it has a trojan virus and even a fresh DL contains the trojan. is there a another RCON we could use?

b62fcd7e0bad4b859575e7d5e3e5dfb4

It’s open source, I highly doubt there is a virus. https://github.com/icedream/icecon

Thats what i said until it popped up on everyones pc. Soooo we just wanted to warned.
Ethier way we wont be using it for this reason.

I doubt that it does as well… With it being open source, and antivirus software being shitty…

There’s been reports previously of people saying FiveM is a virus (because their antivirus told them it was)… Which obviously isn’t true… PLUS IceCon is the officially supported Rcon.

Far from a trojan, more like an over-aggressive antivirus spitting out false positives. The software is open source and represents no malicious act. Your best bet is to upload a sample to the antivirus company / vendor or add to exclusions unless, you know, you are easily manipulated with false facts and want to just not use the RCON tool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.