I need some Help!

Hi so I new to this I know how to install this.

I wanted to install this mod but my dilemma is that I very much love playing the normal GTA V via Rockstar and I saw this and was like I would love to join an RP server but I know you can get banned if you go online for using any sort of mods and it a breaching their terms.
So for me installing the FiveM and the other stuff onto my original and only copy of GTA V is not an option for me as I don’t want to keep installing and uninstalling it when I want to get on the rockstar online with friends to do Heists or TomFoolery.

So I looked online and was told the best method way to do that without being banned is by having two installs for GTA V. I saw someone say Copy the original folder and paste it in the same directory it should duplicate the original directory.
I understand that and have no issue with that. Just I bought my GTA V via Steam I did copy the entire folder to do this I’m not sure where to place it and if it will work since I bought it Via Steam. I have never had to do anything like this for a mod so I’m not sure.

So I was hoping some one On here would know maybe.

FiveM does not touch your original game folder at all - it installs into its own folder, and runs separately.

There is no need to make a copy, therefore. Oh, and you still won’t be banned, either!

Well, I ask to make sure not to be annoying as like I said I’m not sure and I seen some people say that did get banned as soon as they tried to connect to rockstar to play online.

Neon Do you still play the normal version of GTA V online while using FiveM?

Did I perhaps watch the wrong video to install it?

That’s who I watched

That’s odd, we’ve not ever seen such cases at all.

All the staff can still play perfectly fine.

You don’t really need to watch a video at all - and the installation process changed recently, now all you have to do is run the .exe once and it’ll do everything for you; no empty folders or other weird things.

Thank you put my mind to ease I won’t worry then :slight_smile: