[How-to] Stream vehicles/models from server to client

Not working at all for me, streaming stuff is broken since all the update or i missing something and that give me headhache !

Not working for me as well. I’ve tried several different models thinking some might just be bugged, but that’s not the case. I followed directions exactly for several models and they’re just not working. The resource stream loads, but the skins just don’t show in game. Please advise a solution if possible.

I end up with Server Crash
Doesn’t work, man what the hell did i wrong?

Try again. Don’t miss a step.

It will probably have to do with this step;

Add the stream files to your citmp-server.yml

Are you using tabs to line up the AutoStartResources?

If yes, then use spaces instead.

1 Like

I already did it. Also using a existing lua file and making it empty.

AutoStartResources:
    - chat
    - spawnmanager
    - fivem-map-skater
    - baseevents
- carmods
    - ■■■■■■■
    - hardcap # prevents the game from breaking
    - scoreboard

Thats what it is. The forums shows it at the wrong position

EDIT:
Found the problem lol. I just don’t use tab or spaces, i simply write it directly in the postion. Now i paste spaces infront of it. It works now thanks

Then it probably is?

Line it up properly. Copy on of the other lines from the beginning and edit the text.

1 Like

Watch my edit thanks

Glad it’s resolved! Enjoy!

1 Like

Please, this need to be mention in the tutorial! Very important to make spaces in front of the -resourcename

Done!

:snail:

1 Like

Is it possible to reload models and see them while in game? Thats the reason why i am here. I don’t want to wait every time the loading screen to see model changes. I spawn them with trainers, but after script restart, it spawn a sports car at my car model position in a tick count. They spawn on my last position.

It works for me, but only on some cars. For example, I can spawn a brickade or a tornado6 (Cunning Stunts & Bikers DLC), but can’t spawn a nero from the ImportExport DLC. Am I doing something wrong or is the ImportExport DLC not supported?

does this work with custom clothes so I can equip them with the mp_m_freemode_01?

Import Export DLC isn’t supported.
You can find an explanation by one of the CitizenFX people on the forums somewhere.

I too would like to know this. Also if its possible with Addons too?

@sim2511

What you are doing wrong is trying to load a non-streaming pedestrian model using the streaming vehicle method. s_m_y_cop_01 is a pedestrian model, and is non- streaming. Your structure you have will work, you just need to move the 4 files out of the directory they are in, as the new folder is for streaming assets. Meaning all four files should end up in the Resources\Assets\Stream folder. You do still need the stream folder, and the four files (.ydd, .yft, .ymt, and .ytd) should be loose within the stream folder.

my server gets a handshake error after I add a car skin, edit the citmp, and delete the cache. need help

Hello, how can we get the hat on the cop though? I have s_m_y_sheriff_01_p.ytd to the model but it won’t add the hat to the uniform.

Hello, I have followd all the steps but when I start my server it says that it could not find the recourse (see picture)

Does any body know what to do?