[How to] stream maps! (Detailed)

Aight! So many of you guys asked how to stream maps which is really easy thing to do.
Well i’m gonna show you the detailed process!

1 - Download the maps.
2 - Make a folder in FiverebornServer_dir/resources and name it maps

3 - Make a “stream” folder and put the image files youve downloaded with your maps which should be in yourmap/images/v/

4 - Paste map files into “maps” folder and delete all meta files except images.meta and any other meta file that came with ur maps. Name that file “gta.meta”

5 - Then make a __resource.lua file and add for example:

replace_level_meta 'gta'

files {
'gta.meta',
'akina.json',
'dragon.json',
'usui.json',
'gokart.json',
'images.meta',
'v.rpf',
'water.xml' -- isnt really neccessary unless you want the water to be for example gone :smiley:
}

6 - Open your gta.meta file and now press Ctrl+F and search for “images.meta”
Once you found it you will probably see

change “usermaps” to “resources” and “akina” to “maps” which is the place where your image files are.

7 - Do the previous thing for “water.xml” file and all .json files too so it looks like. Also don’t forget to change the location your v.rpf file in “images.meta” file :

<item>
<filename>resources://maps/akina.json</filename>
<fileType>ARCHETYPE_FILE</fileType>
 </item>`

8 - Now add this for all your .json files - change akina to whatever your .json file is supposed to be called:

<item>
<filename>resources://maps/akina.json</filename>
<fileType>ARCHETYPE_FILE</fileType>
 </item>`

9 - After you saved that open “citmp-server.yml” file and add " - maps" to AutoStartResources and save it :smiley:

10 - Clear your cache folder and youre done!

Start up your server and do whatever you want to!

6 Likes

Hi,

You look to have made a mistake here:

It should be something else, no?

Thanks

it could be if that’s the path of your files.
And “akina.json” is a name of a map file. add that for every other file.
I don’t think I missed something.

OK, I understand, my mistake.

By the way, I don’t have any location in mine (and no gta.meta file) and that not work, so, I think it’s normal?

Okay so look. I renamed my file to gta.meta, actually any .meta except images.meta file that you’ve got with your maps should work. I just chose 1 from all my maps that I have because that’s all what you need. If you have more maps chose the biggest file cause that’s what I did with mine

By the way if you rename it then you gotta change __resource.lua to what its called :smiley:

Ok, game crash :frowning: (this one: https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/mario-kart-8-n64-yoshi-valley if you want to try)

That should be easy. If your game crashed then open images.meta file and change the location of Yoshi.rpf file in it. Which for me should be

<Item>
    <filename>resources://maps/yoshi.rpf</filename>
    <contents>CONTENTS_MAP</contents>
    <fileType>RPF_FILE</fileType>
     <installPartition>PARTITION_2</installPartition>
</Item>

I followed the instructions, and when the game loads, it loads the default map and I just keep falling. There is no map under med when I fall. What did I do wrong. the map I am trying to load is the gokart map.

It should work although you maybe forgot to do every step. Maybe you haven’t cleared the cache or added the resource to the yml file… Did you make a “__resource.lua” file inside your map resource folder? Try to do every step again or give me some informations… Hit me up on discord if you are awaiting for a faster response from me!

Where do I go about finding this “gta.meta” file?

2 Likes

@Fowraw

do you have and idee for how to move a map
i have 2 map and 1 of this map is under the second maps

thx