[How-to] Stream add-on peds

you can send the whole line in your file? I still can’t get the props to work…

Put this in your peds.meta under the <Name>ped_name</Name> line.

<PropsName>ped_prop_name</PropsName>

1 Like

Can anyone help me install this skin? https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-ped

i still can’t get it to work… it doesnt recognise the recource but idk how…

my model is invisible, what should i do?

Can someone provide simlpe working example with real model? I don’t understand how add add-on ped like https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/john-wick for example

1 Like

quick question a ped i want to add has an ini file to tell it how to act and position the model when a key is activated i was wondering if there is a way to get that ini file into my game so it works for the pedestrian i have

no idea, not tested yet, maybe try to put your .ini clientside in the /plugins folder

1 Like

i did do that didnt work

1 Like

Someone help me? doesnt work

Hello everybody. I need some help in the streaming of peds, because it does not work at the moment. To eliminate certain sources of error, I have the following questions:

1. Do I need to create a completly new “asset” folder, with a “stream” folder in it? Or is it meant that I need to put the
    Ped-files in the already existing “assets” folder for the vehicles?

2. “Make sure the value corresponds with the filename you added without its extension.”
    -> In which line of code, I need to replace the value with the name of the character model?
    Is it this one?: female_example_model_name_01 or CIVFEMALE or even another
    one?

3. “Add the peds.meta to the files{} table of __resource.lua.”
    -> The “__resource.lua” file for the vehicle stream is completly empty, as it is described in the instruction for such (Btw. the
    streaming of vehicles works)
    Do I need to create a second “__resource.lua” file for the peds? And when yes, which table is meant and where do I get
    the table?

4. "Add the directive for this file: data_file “PED_METADATA_FILE” “peds.meta”
    -> Where (In which file?) do I need to add the directive for “peds.meta”?

5. I use the Lambda Menu instead the Reborn Trainer, as described above. Is the streaming of Peds and the Lambda Menu
    compatible?

I would be very thankful for help, as I just don`t know that to do. I am pretty sure its only a small error.

Thanks in advance

Here are some answers to your questions.

This is totally your decision. I have two folders, one for replacements and one for add-ons. But, if you would like one for Civilian peds it is your choice.

To the best of my knowledge, your would change the female_example_model_name_01 to the ytf/ymt file name without the extension.

Within your current __resources.lua you can either add to it or make a new folder with a new stream folder.

Your __resource.lua file should include these lines for streaming peds.

data_file ‘PED_METADATA_FILE’ ‘peds.meta’’
'files {
‘peds.meta’
}

You would place the peds.meta while with all the other files either inside with the __resource.lua or in my case in with the others in another file. Again your choice just make sure in the __resource.lua you have the correct path from the original folder with the __resource.lua

This is compatible with any trainer as long as you can spawn in a ped by name. My server runs a server-side trainer where I restrict that use to Donators only. But if your server allows scripthook to be enabled then anybody should be able to spawn in addon peds.

I really hope this helped you and if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Thank you very much Tiggythetiger for the help. I really appreciate that! I will try it again at the weekend and let you know, if it works. :slight_smile:

Greetings Gameover

Seems like a good place to ask, I have addonpeds working using regular ped models i.e (yft, ytd, ydd, ymt). But my question is how can i stream addon streamedpeds i.e (yft, ymt, and a folder)?

1 Like

I keep getting crashes for the model im trying to use as well due to the reason of there being a folder :confused:

2 Likes

does this still work ive been trying to use this method to add a ped with no success ? can anyone help me, ttrying to spawn an nothing happens.

when i replace the ped with another ped, looks like this

textues are all messed up dispite having a ymt and ytf

[SOLVED] HAD TO DECREASE TEXTURE SIZE and it worked!!, i decreased all textures

1 Like

Doenst work for me.

here is my peds.xml

https://pastebin.com/wZc82Xtj

is it right ?

is it possible to stream EUP peds as ADD-ON

As of right now, i believe not.

Does anyone know if this still works?