[How-To] Post a Developer Search Topic

You cannot pay or charge for your scripts. It is against FiveM TOS which you can find linked right below this text.

FiveM Service Agreement

With the increase in popularity of FiveM (which is not a bad thing) the need for more developers increases and the more people are searching for developers. I’ve noticed an on going trend with people posting one liner topics looking for developers but going months without replies, there’s a few reasons for that…

• Lack of information.
  • Lack of interest.

So how can we fix that? Well, my recommendation is to use the template below to properly provide enough information for people to possibly gain some interest. The goal is to be as detailed as possible to leave as little question.

Also, it is important to note that not all developers are going to jump to what you want. There are MANY resources available to you that have already been created that many people can get by with. Get your community established then come here looking for a developer.

Server / Community Name : Current Community / Server Name
Current System Setup : Dedicated Server? Database Setup? Current Scripts?
Server Goals : What are your goals? Jobs you’d like to see? Setup you’d like to have? When do you want to go live?
Primary Language : What is the primary language you’d like your server in?
Qualifications : What are YOUR qualifications you have to run a community?

Other : Miscellaneous information, anything not covered above that you’d like to add.

5 Likes

Good idea!
I would just add, “be as detailed as possible while keeping it light/going straight to the point”.

Putting a large wall of text doesn’t make people wanting to read it :wink:

Thanks @Bob_74 ,

That’s why I put the template with questions for them to answer. Those are crucial.

People also need to realize that there isn’t going to be a developer to cater to everybody’s needs. You see all of these servers starting up, or say they’re going to start up, but the people running them have zero idea what they are doing. They think that they are qualified to manage a server just because they can download the server files and launch it. I find it rather amusing when you see a post about somebody asking for a developer, they say they have tons of members, and you go onto their forums and there’s like 2 posts by the owner. That is if they even have a forum.

1 Like

@Briglair I agree, hence why in my template I posted a question information about them!