How to install Captain14's police car pack

Hi, I’m struggling to figure out how to properly install Captain14’s police pack.

http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/13331-lspd-pack-new-2013-fpis-20132016-explorer-2015-charger-2016-impala-2013-tahoe-2011-cvpi-els-style-lighting/

Any help on how to do this is appreciated thank you.

2 Likes

Hey there, iRoyaltiez. The problem most new servers have with installing vehicle packs like these is they forget (or don’t know) how to install the metas. I’ll give a quick walkthrough on how you install them. First, I’d highly recommend downloading the pack, as you’ll find it hard to install them when you don’t have them.

To begin with, you’ll need to navigate to the ‘resources’* folder in your server files. Then, create a folder and name it something along the lines of ‘lspdcars’* (that’s what I’ve named it on my server).

Next, in this folder, you’ll need to do two things; first, create a new file named ‘__resource.lua’* (this can be done through notepad or if you use something like ■■■■■■■ Servers they have an option to create a new file). We don’t need to put anything in the __resource.lua yet.

Next, you’ll need to create a folder called stream, and this is where you need to upload all the .ytd’s and .yft’s.

Next, you must return the the first folder. Here, you should currently have a folder called stream and a file called __resource.lua. You need to upload all the meta files for Captain14’s vehicles here. (carcols.meta, carvariations.meta, vehicles.meta) Without these, the vehicles will cease to function as originally meant to, and vehicles that are in addon slots will not appear.

Then, return to your __resource.lua file, and copy the following text into it

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

-- add the files to be sent to the client
files {
    'vehicles.meta',
    'carvariations.meta',
    'carcols.meta',
}

-- specify data file entries to be added
-- these entries are the same as content.xml in a DLC pack
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'carvariations.meta'

-- and a client script
client_script 'vehicle_names.lua'

Save the file, then restart your server. Provided you’ve followed these instructions, and my instructions were clear enough, the vehicles should spawn in and work. Good luck!

6 Likes

Awesome! It worked! Thank you sooo much! Your help is very much appreciated!!!

1 Like

Any time! I know how frustrating development of FiveM servers can get, just wait till you get onto scripting :sunglasses:

1 Like

How are you getting the hash numbers in the vehicle_names.lua? I’m really confused how this file works. I’m working on my own addon pack, but no one has said where these hashes come from.

Hey! Sorry for the late reply, especially if you’ve already figured it out :wink:

They are found in the content.xml of a DLC pack, if you look closely at my post it says so.

Hope this helps!

i have done all of this and dragged all the files over and it still won’t work.

Hey @buff_mac466

There has already been a resource made for fivem… It comes with 3 folders so put all folders into your resources and add all 3 folder names to your autostartresource

Resource: [Release] Captain14's ELS Style Car Packs

1 Like

Man you are the best this was better then the videos I saw

So we have an issue on our server, the cars all stream properly to the server owner but to the rest of us the police charger in lspd pack and the sheriff charger the lightbars done flash right they look like they have some rotators and not the individual led lightheads like they should be. any fix for this? yes metas are correct its the ones straight from the pack all other cars work except those two

where u find the meta files i dont have any in template

How do i add the vehicles to the cop garage ind esx?

When I try to install his pack the sirens work but no lights come on. Any ideas?

So I am attempting to Create a Handling.meta, but im having an issue, When i go to create the Handling.meta and set the HandlingName to the HandlingId that is in Vehicle.meta the Handling.meta doesnt take. can someone give me some insight on this?

What do you put in the vehicle_names.lua??

Hey, can you help me please? Cuz he changes the files. There is just installer.