[How-to] Custom Loading Screen with Music

the head end tag needs to be after link href=“keks.css” rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” /

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bm060qbehg0758b/Index.png <image

Yes, that is the way I have it. I changed it to be exactly like shown in your video, but I get the same result as earlier today. My console just spits out a bunch of errors when trying to start the resource, all because of having the ‘music/Loading.ogg’ in the __resource.lua. When I remove the line, the resource starts fine.

and the music you have is also Loading.ogg? or loading.ogg? <case sensitive… or can you post your __resource? and index again?

1 Like

I made sure case sensitive was not the issue.

__resource.lua

index.html

Console error

Ok, After “loadscreen.jpg” you must put another , (comma) before the next link

so

'bankgothic.ttf',
'loadscreen.jpg',   
'music/Loading.ogg'

only after loadscreen.jpg, the last line doesnt need the comma just the one above it

3 Likes

Ahh good eyes! Not sure how I missed that. I’ll try this out and if it works, I’ll edit my original post.

I did the same thing… Took me 2 hours to find that a simple comma missed was the problem… Im not too sure about the .mp3 though… if it works with .mp3 let me know please :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the issue with the music too.
what I did instead was host the file locally on my website hosting and put that link in the index.html
as the source.
it worked perfectly for me and surley must put less stress on the server because it doesn’t have to physically stream it it’s self.

example:

<audio id="Loading" autoplay loop >
         <source src="http://evolgaming.com/stream/loadingmusic1.ogg" type="audio/ogg">
    </audio>

just change the link to your own music or use mine if needed.

1 Like

Original post has been updated, and everything is working like it should.

1 Like

I got my loading screen with music working but for some reason i can still hear the Fivereborn loading music aswell as my own

1 Like

That’s normal. There is no way to remove the default loading music that I’m aware unless you delete it from your base game.

(Not recommended by devs) Use OpenIV to modify the music, by either renaming it or using blank audio, then Affix your game files.

ok thanks for the help, think ill leave it alone :stuck_out_tongue:

i have the Problem, that my loadingscreen runs but the music is the Original.

I believe the music has to be in ogg form

This is working great for us using the keks folder! Thanks so much for sharing and for everyone’s help in the replies.

1 Like

it is an ogg firefix file andin the keks folder but the music dont work…

Well… 1 You need to make sure the music is name Loading.ogg, But that, what you have there is not an .ogg file… .

with witch programm i can make an ogg file ?

i use audiacity und copy it to the Remotecomputer, where the server is

Take any mp3 and Google ogg converter